XXXIX. ALLISON ARGENT

Harper's legs gave way from underneath her as she tried to make her way down the concrete path, wincing as her knees smacked against the floor

Harper's legs gave way from underneath her as she tried to make her way down the concrete path, wincing as her knees smacked against the floor. Her hands skimmed the walls of the tunnel, her brown eyes casting back behind her to where he had been following her. It was like he was playing a game of cat and mouse.

Void would let her out of his sight for a few minutes, but he'd be back on her trail as soon as he got bored of waiting again, whispering and laughing at her. Shaky breaths escaped her lips as she climbed back up, her entire body quivering in pain.

"You can feel it, can't you?" Stiles' deep voice came from behind her.

She turned her head, not surprised to find that he was back. His silhouette was almost glowing from the light pouring in behind him in the tunnel, however, his features were left to the imagination due to the darkness. Harper took off again, ignoring every sharp pain that hit her chest or dull ache that slammed against her head.

"You can feel the pain," Void called, "that's because a lot of pain went on down here."

His fingers drummed the walls as he glided past, taking his time making his way towards her. Harper ignored him, rushing down a corner and down some steps.

"Stop running from me, little dove," he sighed, his chuckles echoing off of the walls, "one way or another you're going to help me. Besides, I'm the closest thing you're going to get to Stiles. He's dying, you know."

Harper gulped, praying to God that he was just trying to get in her head like before. She didn't even have a chance to see the real Stiles before she was whisked away by Void, she had no clue what condition he was in.

"You're not going to win," Harper promised him in a pant as she moved towards a barred fence, wrapping her fists around them and shaking it to try and get it open, "my friends are going to find me."

"You think so?" Void murmured from right behind her, causing her to turn around.

He was sat on the top of the stairs, his elbows rested on his knees and his hands clasped together as he watched her give up struggling with getting the gate open. Void Stiles' brown eyes met hers, his signature smirk crossing his face.

"I myself was kind of wondering what they were doing right now," he hummed, "what useless lead they're chasing. I wonder if maybe some of them have bigger problems to deal with right now. Are they really spending every minute looking for you? Or... are they waiting for nightfall? Focused on some hopeless gesture to pass the time."

There was a heavy silence as Harper took in all of his words, her eyes a little dazed. She looked up at him as soon as she snapped out of it, finding his amused expression still on her face. He was soaking in every emotion she got, which was a lot seeing as she was an Empath.