XXI. MALIA TATE

MALIA TATE

MALIA TATE

"Wait, wait, wait," Harper frowned, rubbing her temples as she walked into Scott's bedroom with the werewolf himself and Isaac, "Allison almost shot Lydia in the head?"

Isaac nodded as he followed, "almost right through it. And she keeps saying the same thing, that she keeps seeing her aunt. Whatever's happening to you, Allison and Stiles is getting worse. And if I hadn't been there, then Lydia would be dead."

Scott was silent as he took a seat on the edge of his bed, Harper jumping towards the end where the pillows were. She emptied the contents of her bag out as she got ready to do some quick homework with Scott.

"What were you doing there?" Scott questioned.

"Uh..."

Isaac was thrown out of the room for the second time that day, his body smacking against the wall and the picture frame falling yet again. Harper held back her laughter.

"Oh, you guys, come on!" She heard Melissa yell from downstairs, "this house does not have a supernatural ability to heal! So... stop it!"

"Sorry!" Isaac called back before looking at Scott and quietly repeating, "sorry."

...

"I just... I don't get it," Isaac admitted, "she said she hated the Serpents, like, two episodes ago and now she's becoming one?"

Harper chuckled, shovelling another spoonful of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream into her mouth as they watched the season two finale of Riverdale. Cheryl had just gotten her brand new Serpent jacket, handed over to her by Jughead himself.

Scott frowned, "because she saved Toni from the Ghoulies, duh."

"Yeah, so? She didn't have to do any initiation of any sort like everybody else. This entire show is just the writers giving into everything the fans want, even when it makes no sense!" Isaac began to yell the last part, becoming frustrated.

"It took you two seasons to realise that?" Harper giggled, "the plots are kind of rushed and stupid, but you have to admit it's kinda addicting."

Isaac groaned but nodded, his head falling onto Harper's shoulder. She jokingly patted his back as Scott scooped out some ice-cream, shoving it in his mouth. As the ending credits began to roll, the front door opened behind them. Harper shifted in her seat so she could see who it was.

"Hey, Harry," she called upon seeing her half brother enter.

He smiled nervously at her, peeling his shoes off and placing them on the racks neatly. He had a backpack he had borrowed from Scott slung over his shoulder which he placed by the door.

"Hi, guys."

"Hey," both Isaac and Scott called back, though they were too absorbed in picking the next TV show or movie to turn around.