XXXI. NOGITSUNE

A lot had happened since Derek and Scott left Harper that evening in the hospital. Beacon Hill's Memorial Hospital went into yet another blackout, Isaac and a dozen other people were electrocuted badly, and here's the cherry on top of the cake: Stiles was missing- again.

It had been an entire weekend and Harper had made herself ill from the amount of panicking she had been doing. The only contact anybody had had from him in over forty-eight hours were two text messages. One was to his dad, the other to Harper. It was short and to the point, and Harper had read it over so many times that she could quote it off by heart.

I'm ok. Don't try looking for me. I'll be back soon, my little dove.

Harper went to Scott as soon as she had received the message an hour after his disappearance, ranting about how unlike him it was. One, he would never take off without her. Two, Stiles never typed 'ok', it was always 'okay'. Three, Stiles had called Harper many things over the years- Harps, sunshine, sweetheart, babe, baby, beautiful, princess- all that cheesy stuff only meant for her ears- however, Stiles had never called her 'little dove'.

The news she received next was even more shocking. In fact, out of all of the shocks Harper had had in her past sixteen years of being alive, this was probably near finding out she had a half-brother and her dad had faked his own death, but yeah, otherwise it might take the cake.

The oni was here to find whoever had been possessed by a dark spirit called the Nogitsune. So far the group didn't know much about it, just the fact that it was Stiles that had been possessed by it and it was thirsty for something- pain, revenge, blood- they didn't know.

Whenever Harper wasn't comforting Allison outside Isaac's hospital room, she remained in her bed, scrolling through pictures upon pictures of herself and Stiles on her phone and worrying about him. So far the petite brunette had had a total of three panic attacks, a brand new record for her in the amount of time.

Melissa thought it would be a good idea for Harper to go to school on Monday, and the Empath agreed. There was no point in moping around and being sad, at least while she was in class she could focus on something other than the Stiles-shaped hole in her heart.

Harper slammed her locker door shut just as three bodies walked past her. She noticed one of them as Scott and quickly grabbed his wrist, forcing him to look back. He was with the twins, much to her surprise. She had heard that they wanted to join Scott's pack, but Harper knew Scott didn't want them, not after what they had done to Boyd.

"Where are you going?" She asked when she saw the panicked look on Scott's face, "don't you guys have cross country?"

"There's a werewolf emitter coming from down in the basement," one of the twins, Aiden she assumed, huffed from beside the Alpha.

Harper shrugged, "I'm coming with."

Scott's eyes softened, but before he could say anything she cut him off, "please, I have a free period, no counsellor and I'm in desperate need of getting my mind off of Stiles."

"Let her," Ethan declared, "she can look after herself."

Harper sent him a weak smile as Scott nodded, the four going down the steps and heading towards where the high-pitched noise was coming from. Of course, Harper couldn't hear it, but she knew when they were getting close from the werewolves constant wincing.