IV. FAVOURS

favours

favours

Allison sighed loudly as she pulled up in front of Eichen House. The mental asylum loomed over them eerily and had protective fencing all around it. The older brunette's grip tightened on the wheel as she looked through her window at the building.

"I'm not sure if I'm doing the right thing even driving you here," Allison admitted as she leaned back in her seat, running a hand through her hair, "and the fact that you're not answering my questions makes me want to tell Scott and Stiles even more."

"No," Harper blurted, grabbing her friend's wrist and staring at her directly in the eyes, "you can't tell either of them that you drove me here, okay?"

"Sure," Allison sighed quietly.

Harper opened the car door and grabbed her bag with the letter inside, going towards  the gate.

She took a deep breath, looking up at the place that she had dreaded her entire life. Where her mother and father had died- where her supposed half brother may be. The brunette pressed a button that created a static noise before a voice rung out.

"Yes?"

"I'm a visitor," Harper replied hesitantly, "I have something for Jeremey."

Nobody replied, but the box made a buzzing noise and the gates clicked, indicating that they were unlocked. Harper glanced over her shoulder at Allison who nodded at her reassuringly. The Empath bit her lip before she opened the gate and entered, hearing it lock shut behind her, causing her to shudder.

Clutching her bag close to her, Harper made her way up the staircase and to the main doors of Eichen House. The doors buzzed when she got  there, so she opened them. As soon as she stepped inside the lobby area, the feeling of panic, fear and pain hit her like a brick wall. She stood there, frozen for a second, unable to turn off her Empath abilities.

With a clenched jaw, she looked around the place that her parent's had previously worked. Her brown eyes caught sight of a memorial area to the left of the lobby, but she didn't take any time to look at it any longer. Before Harper could even head towards the reception desk, a man with dark, slicked back hair walked towards her.

"Harper? I'm Jeremey," the midnight haired man introduced himself, "you have something for Harry, I'm assuming?"

Harper's hand closed in a fist around the strap of her bag, "is this legit? Don't lie, I will know if you're lying," it was like there was a lump in her throat as she questioned him.

Jeremey nodded, "it's true. Harry is your half brother, and your father is alive."

The brunette stumbled backwards a little, realising that this man was in fact telling the truth. She was able to detect lies in people as part of being an Empath, which she had only used once or twice before. The news sent hope throughout her system, but also fear.