III. A STOLEN KISS

"I just wanna drop the present round to her house

"I just wanna drop the present round to her house. It's the least I could do, since I'm not sticking around," Stiles told a reluctant Scott as they walked down the road towards the house with the thumping music and flashing lights.

Harper walked behind them, trying to keep her eyes wide open. After last nights nightmare, the last thing she wanted to do was go to sleep. Stiles had promised that he would stay with her so she could go to bed, which was why he wasn't staying for the party.

"You don't have to help me go to sleep," Harper sighed guiltily, "you said Heather's been your friend forever, I don't want to drag you away from her birthday party."

Stiles turned around, grabbing her hand and forcing her between the two of them. "Harper, you are my main priority, okay? You'd do the same for me, so I'm doing it for you. That's kind of how relationships work. I put you above everyone and everything else," Stiles reminded her.

Harper's heart swelled at Stiles' mini speech and she smiled at him brightly. Scott smiled at his two best friends, extremely happy for them. He had been encouraging Stiles to go after Harper since he admitted to his crush on her when they were ten, and now that they were together almost seven years later, Scott had to admit that they were one of the cutest couples he had ever seen- maybe even cuter than him and Allison.

"And why did I have to come along to this?" Scott questioned, stopping the couple from staring at each other lovingly.

Stiles sighed loudly, "because, you, my friend, need to get out more. No more moping around the house and wishing you were with Allison."

"Kind of like you all summer when Harper was away?" Scott retorted, causing Stiles to glare at him and Harper to chuckle a little.

"Here it is," they stopped in front of a large house.

Stiles raised his fists and lightly knocked on the door. It opened a few seconds later, a blonde girl smiling at Stiles happily.

"Stiles!"

"Hey, there's the birthday girl-"

The Stilinski boy was cut off by a pair of unfamiliar lips on his own. He froze, his eyes wide in shock and he felt Harper's hand slip from his. He pulled away quickly, staring at his old friend in disbelief.

Harper watched with a deep frown, an awful feeling of jealousy in the pit of her stomach as she stared at the girl who had just kissed her boyfriend right in front of her. Scott placed a hand on Harper's shoulder, also frowning at the blonde girl.

"Heather..." Stiles crinkled his nose up, putting an arm around Harper's shoulder, "this is my girlfriend, Harper. You might remember her from when she came over my house a lot."

Harper shot her a fake smile, "yep, that's me, Stiles' girlfriend."

Heather's eyes lit up in recognition and her face immediately fell.