chapter 29

You and Lexa were stumbling into the door together, basket dropped on the floor as Lexa opted to pick you up instead, sending you into a fit of giggles as she carried you through the kitchen, stopping to pick up snacks for their decided movie night.

"Oh my god, you guys are home!" Aden's familiar voice sounded and he scampered into the kitchen, practically slamming into you, throwing his arms around you.

"Hey!" You grinned, hugging Aden tightly. "What's up?"

"Everyone was out." Aden shrugged sheepishly. "I'd forgotten what civilization felt like."

"Indra and Gus too?" You questioned.

"Yeah." Lexa sounded from the pantry. "Gus is actually a romantic."

"Hmm." You seemed satisfied, grinning when you realized Aden was still latched onto you.

"Happy Valentine's Day, (Y/n)." Aden offered meekly, suddenly realizing he might have interrupted their date.

"Aww, thanks Aden." You kissed his cheek, causing him to redden slightly, earning a scowl from his sister.

Aden eyed the bags of popcorn. "A movie night? Can I come?"

Lexa looked horrified at the mere suggestion, but before you could offer a seat to him, his phone buzzed several times. Digging into his pocket, he fumbled, his phone flying in the air.

Lexa caught it with lightning reflexes, squinting at the screen. "Atom. Why are you so nervous about a call from Atom-"

Aden scurried away with the phone in his hand, leaving Lexa gaping after him, holding a deflated bag of microwavable popcorn.

Lexa stood there with a slightly raised brow.

"I think someone might have a crush." You smirked.

"Yeah, on you." Lexa rolled her eyes, slipping the bag into the microwave.

"On Aden, genius." You retorted with a smile.

"You have a crush on Aden?" Lexa snorted. "I mean, I knew you liked both of us, but that's-"

"Atom has a crush on Aden." You sighed, shaking your head. "Lex, you're a genius, but sometimes you're so dense."

Lexa's eyes widened. "Aden? And Atom? No way."

You shrugged. "Whatever you say, babe."

Lexa furrowed her brow as she reached for the hot bag delicately. "It's Aden. He's a baby."

"A baby?" You scoffed. "He's fifteen, Lex. He's in high school."

Lexa shrugged with a small smile. "He's my baby brother."

Your heart melted at that and you leaned over to kiss Lexa's cheek. "I love how good of a sister you are."

Lexa smiled, linking her free hand with yours. "Enough about Aden. I'm the attractive Woods sibling."

"Of course." You assured her with a teasing grin, laughing when Lexa pinched your side.

"Come on. Pride and Prejudice won't watch itself."

Lexa was enamored. You knew every single word that was uttered on the screen, complete with appropriate facial expressions. You smiled and laughed, and Lexa had never seen anything cuter in her life. You were wrapped up in Lexa's arms, snuggled into her on Lexa's bed, as the movie played on the TV before them.

Lexa had busied herself with kissing your neck, gently sucking on the exposed skin from time to time.

You let out a wistful sigh as your (Y/e/c) gaze took in the expansive ballroom on the screen, filled with couples twirling about.