Chapter 39

"Good morning, (Y/n)." The whispers were soft in your ear, long fingers gently rubbing your bare back in a gentle massage. You felt a kiss pressed to the back of your neck, sending chills shooting up your spine.

"Mmmmm." You groaned in pleasure, burying your face into the pillow. "What time is it?" You mumbled.

"Six-thirty." Lexa replied, lining your spine with kisses.

You paused, sucking in a breath, mustering the strength to turn over to face your lover, eyes widening when you saw Lexa sitting beside you, fully showered and dressed in her jersey for practice later on that day. "Whoa." You breathed, fingers lazily trailing against Lexa's covered abdomen. "When did you leave?"

"Half an hour ago." Lexa smiled, leaning down to kiss your hand. "You were peaceful. I figured you could use the extra half hour before you showered."

You smiled, dropping your head in Lexa's lap. "Y'know, Woods. I used to like school, before you."

Lexa chuckled, leaning down to kiss your temple. "I hate to wake you, but I'm following strict orders."

You smirked, feigning shock. "Now what kind of idiot would tell you to wake your sleepy, cuddly girlfriend at six-thirty in the morning?"

Lexa grinned. "Hmm. I believe it was you. Last night, in between gasps." Lexa smirked, her voice turning husky and breathy like yours. " Ugh- Oh, fuck, Lexa- Don't let me sleep in- I have- Yes! Right there! I can't be late for -" Lexa smirked at your reddening cheeks. "You never finished. Well, you did finish, just not your sentence. I assumed you meant class."

You gaped as you punched Lexa in the arm, teasingly. "Oh, look who's talking? Miss 'I'm the biggest bottom on the planet, ravish me like a damsel in distress, (Y/n) !"

It was Lexa's turn to grin sheepishly, and you cupped her cheeks adoringly. "You're a soft little gay mouse, Woods." You smirked. "But you're mine."

Lexa gaped. "The commander is not a-" Her protests were shut down by your lips on hers. She let out a breathy whine and pulled apart to nuzzle your neck. Maybe you had a point.

"You know, Lex." You murmured, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I used to feel, I don't know...alone. Even with the Delinquents, and my mom at school....I just can't explain it. I was there, but I was lost. And then you came into my life, and after I remembered how to breathe, I realized...This sounds stupid, I know, but...you're my best friend. I just can't remember a time where I haven't felt alone...until now." You sighed peacefully, kissing Lexa's cheek. "Is that lame?"

Lexa hadn't responded. She swallowed the lump in her throat, shaking her head as she blinked away tears. "No..." She croaked, arms tightening around you. She knew words were failing her, but she hoped you would hear what her soul had to say on the matter.

That she felt the exact same way. She was home.

You closed your eyes and took in Lexa's clean, soapy scent. Whatever the world was throwing at you, with Lexa as your support system, you could take it.

"Good morning! Morning!" Niylah greeted each of her students as they passed in the hall, chipper as ever with a smile on her face.

"Swoon." You mumbled as you cocked a brow at Niylah's toned arms holding the door for her students to exit.

"I don't see it." Lexa huffed, rolling her eyes when you pinched her butt from behind, playfully.

"Oh, my married couple!" Niylah grinned. "Ms. Woods, what a performance last week! I have no doubt you'll one-up yourself in the coming championship! Look for me in the front row!" Niylah enthused.