Chapter 24

(Y/f/n) = your full name. And if I say your full name I mean your FULL name throw those middle names in there ;p

Your POV

By the end of your second official date, rumors about you and Lexa, fondly dubbed "(Y/s/n)" after Raven's hit video of you kissing on New Year's Eve, spread like wildfire.

Of course, that came with the territory of dating the most popular figure in school, that being Lexa Woods.

Some of the rumors were harmless bits of slander or gossip, tossed about like the rumor mill like grain fed to pecking chickens. Others, however, were particularly malicious, and you had to wonder who in their right mind had that much time to start and spread such cruel, invasive comments.

Lexa seemed entirely unfazed by it all, likely used to being the center of attention everywhere she went. Her parents did a decent job of keeping her out of the spotlight in her adolescent years, but for all intents and purposes, they were grooming her to be the heir to their tech empire. That meant Lexa would, upon graduating high school, possibly college, be a full fledged celebrity.

Her looks only doubled the likelihood of that happening.

So, as you succumbed to every bit and detail of your relationship being torn up by rumors, Lexa took it in full stride, unafraid of her public displays of affection for you.

She wanted the world to know that she belonged to you, even if unofficially.

You donned Lexa's letterman more often than not, so as to protect yourself from the biting January chill, but also to remind yourself that Lexa wanted you. It was hard, what with your insecurities. Particularly after the incident.

You shoved those thoughts away as you made your way into the restroom, during one of your rare instances when you weren't with Lexa.

You froze before the second door that led to the sinks, when you distinctly heard Lexa's name. It wasn't too common of a name, and at this school, the odds of it being anyone else were particularly slim.

You couldn't recognize the voices.

"I mean, you can't just do that, right?" The first voice asked.

"Totally." The second voice chimed in.

"I mean, like, listen. There are rules to dating. If you don't put out on the third date, you're a fucking prude. Plain and simple." The first girl spoke with a sense of authority, on all things prude and not.

You didn't believe in those roles, of "prude" and "slut" and the third date rule. You had always been taught that everyone has their own pace, and their own wants and needs.

That was not the shared dogma of the rest of her high school, it seemed.

"Look, I mean it's Alexandria fucking Woods. She's the hottest person here."

"Ew."

"Aren't you bi?"

"That was last week. I'm straight again."

"Oh."

"But I totally get where you're coming from. Like, (Y/n) (Y/l/n) first of all? Why?"

"Um, she's hot too."

"Right, but like...Lexa totally goes for hot girls that would let her fuck them...Like Costia."

You wanted to cover your ears. God, it was so gross. There was so much inherently wrong with the conversation. The judging, the ridiculing of sexualities, the gossip.