Chapter 11

Lexa's POV.

The party hadn't truly cleared out until around three in the morning.

Lexa was beyond exhausted, and simply not drunk enough to deal with the feelings that were raging within her. After you had left, Lexa had all but fallen apart, willing herself to stay intact for Costia, and all the other spectators that had gathered in their home for a good time.

She'd danced, she'd laughed along with wry jokes, but she simply couldn't stop thinking about you.

She was willing to forget the fact that they'd almost kissed. The fact that they'd had such an intimate, deep display of affection. She was willing to forget it all.

What she worried about was how inebriated you had been for the drive home. She knew little of where you lived. What if it was far? Why hadn't she stopped you in time?

Lexa couldn't help the thoughts that infected her brain as she picked up every cup, napkin, and plate that she'd found littered on the floor.

It had almost been four in the morning when she and Costia had retired up to her makeshift room, forgetting entirely about Anya and Aden, both of whom hadn't been seen since midnight.

Lexa knew Aden had retired to get a decent night's sleep.

She wasn't so sure about Anya.

Lexa didn't bother changing as she sat on the edge of the bed with a huff, head in her hands.

You could have been dead in a ditch, somewhere.

You could have been bleeding out on the sidewalk, thrown from your car by your own reckless driving.

Lexa needed to know that you were okay.

She'd called, three times. She'd sent text after text.

Hell, she even wished she'd had your moms number, just to calm her nerves.

She had no assurance that you were okay, and it was killing her.

"Baby." Costia purred into her ear, and she was suddenly aware of her girlfriend's weight, straddling her back to the bed. "What's wrong? Too many shots?"

Lexa's hand ran down the small of Costia's back, warningly, and her girlfriend was beside her and off in seconds.

"No." Lexa sighed. She felt the heavy weight of guilt settle in on her chest. "It's nothing."

"Babe?" Costia looked up into her eyes, concern glowing through them. "Is this about (Y/n) driving home? I saw you calling after her."

Lexa felt her heart clench. Costia didn't deserve this.

"I don't really want to talk about it." Lexa murmured, standing to pull off her tank top.

"Alright." Costia acquiesced softly, eyes tracing Lexa's abs, not quite predatorily, but appreciatively. "It's just...It'd be bad irony if she got into an accident after...never mind." Costia shrugged with a sigh, eyes saddened for a moment. "I'm going to wash up."

Lexa's mouth was slightly parted after she left, and she felt chills coursing through her. After what? What had happened?

Lexa couldn't risk inquiring further, and yet, she was dying to know.

She couldn't stop thinking about the damage that was on her shoulders.

She couldn't stop thinking about you.

She'd barely noticed when Costia sauntered back in, wrapping her arms around Lexa's neck, pulling Lexa's bottom lip into her own as she murmured, her mouth full of Lexa's kisses, "Go to bed."