Chapter 9

(Y/S/N) = your ship name

Your POV.

"Good morning, (Y/n)." Lexa's voice had an extra cocky ring to it as she slid into her seat beside you, you'd been diligently writing in your english notebook, ever the good student.

You shook your head in exasperation. "Good morning, Commander."

You didn't notice Lexa's reaction to her use of the nickname. It was different, the way you said it. The way it so elegantly and deliciously rolled off your lips.

Lexa forgot to speak.

"Another game won..." You drawled, glancing up at Lexa with a wry smile.

"You came." Lexa noted aloud, and you glanced away bashfully.

"For Anya." You blurted out.

"You have a thing for my cousin?" Lexa's bewilderment, and acidic tone, was not unnoticed by you.

You laughed, blushing. "Uh, not really. But...you know...support your local girl football player and all that."

Lexa narrowed her eyes, but smirked nonetheless. You were teasing her.

"You're on a roll, then?" You asked, leaning forward on your elbow, toothy smile in place.

"We don't plan on losing." Lexa shot back arrogantly, but she matched your smile.

"Too bad." You whispered, your voice lowering so that Lexa was closer. "You know, you could really stand to be knocked flat on your ass a few times. Take your cockiness down a notch. I'd pay to see that."

Lexa grinned wickedly at you, enjoying their banter like she had come to enjoy most things about you. "You'd pay to see my ass, (Y/l/n)?"

"That's not what I said." You scoffed, cheeks turning red.

Lexa's smirk forced you to shake your head, muttering, "You are incorrigible."

Their work began and Lexa's playful mood only seemed to bolster your own spirits. You too had come to enjoy your banter.

Maybe it had a little bit to do with Lexa's offering of support the other day on the field.

Maybe.

But you began to notice little nuances and changes in Lexa's tonality, in her expression, a softness that perhaps had been absent on their first day. It was endearing.

Towards the end of the class period, you had noticed Lexa's telltale smirk boring into you.

Glancing up, you felt an immediate blush settling in. "What?" You demanded.

"Oh, I'm sizing you up." Lexa announced loftily, shutting her book with a satisfied smile.

"Me?" You snorted. "What for? Planning on taking our arguments to the next level?"

There was a strange intensity in those words. You found yourself looking away, while Lexa licked her lips, heat pooling in your stomach.

Okay, so you had frustrating bouts of attraction to Lexa Woods. Who didn't?

"It's just..." Lexa shrugged. "I'm the so called Commander of the Kru...You're the head of your little group of...Delinquents."

"Yeah yeah, we're star crossed lovers." You rolled your eyes. "Why is this relevant? You planning on a gang war?"

Lexa's lips quirked up in a smile at that. "No. But I was debating inviting you to a party at my place, Friday evening."

Your brows shot up. "Your place?"