Chapter 27

The Arkadia High art showroom was alight with color and passion as students and parents alike filtered in to see the greatness of their art program.

You were the "artist of honor" and therefore, your pieces were hanging everywhere. And rightfully so.

They were the best works Lexa had ever seen.

No one else compared, and Lexa was damn proud as she strode along every inch of the showroom, knowing you were busy at the back with several parents and talent scouts. She was content just staring at your art, for now.

"Hey! Earth to Lexa, there are free snacks in the- Whoa." Anya's voice faded as she brought her eyes up to what Lexa was staring at. "Holy shit."

Lexa took in a breath, eyeing the oil painting before her. On it, were two rich green eyes, surrounded by a familiar black mask of "war paint". Within the eyes were trees, both darkened and lit by the night sky that hung over them, stars dotting their expanse.

It was a rendition of the first painting of yours that Lexa had ever seen.

In the corner, on the placard, it was entitled, just as the first had been: The Earth and The Sky.

Lexa felt tears well in her eyes, and had to blink them away rapidly, swallowing the lump in her throat. You had done this for her.

She was so, so in love with you. It took seconds, really. From the first time she heard your voice, stubborn and unwavering. She was in love with you. Just the thought put a smile to Lexa's lips.

"Do you like it?" A shy voice purred from her ear, and before she could protest Anya being so close, Lexa felt two familiar arms wrap around her, and she was home.

"(Y/n)." Lexa practically choked out, turning to gaze at you. You looked beautiful, wearing your formal presenter's suit as mandated by the staff. Your (Y/h/c) locks were done up in an elegant bun, and your smile sparkled.

"Oh my god, Lexa, are you crying?" You grinned, biting your lip as you dabbed at Lexa's practically unshed tears.

"You are so amazing." Lexa whispered, wrapping her arms around your waist, despite the stares of the onlookers.

You blushed a crimson shade, lacing your fingers together behind Lexa's neck. "You didn't have to come you know." You whispered. "I could always show you privately-"

"(Y/n)." Lexa interrupted you, shaking her head in awe. "What you've done...what you're doing...You're so incredible, (Y/n). These deserve museums, and...and galleries. I don't believe it, I-"

Your heart just about burst with happiness. Lexa was genuinely floored, not just for show. How had you ever gotten so lucky?

"You were the inspiration." You admitted quietly. "If you couldn't tell."

Lexa nodded slowly, casting a glance in the direction of the rich emerald hue.

"You're my earth." You shrugged as if it was effortless. "You keep me grounded, and steady."

Lexa smiled, leaning down to kiss you, whispering, "Then you must be the stars in my sky."

"Ugh." A voice sounded from behind them, and they barely turned to witness Anya looking at them as if they smelled foul. "Do you two know we're in public?"

A little growl sounded at the back of Lexa's throat, and you chuckled. "Sorry guys."

"I'll let it slide." Anya smirked, watching Lexa tense as she strode off to find Lincoln.

"She might have a point." You laughed as you leaned up to kiss Lexa's cheek.

"I'm proud that I managed to catch someone as brilliant as you...." Lexa motioned to all the artwork, lacing her hands with your. "At the very least, let me tote you around and brag about you."