Chapter 42

"Lexa?" Your voice sounded from just outside of her bathroom. "Where is your-- Holy shit.. ."

There were some things that one was expected to grow accustomed to in a long term relationship. While most relationships had an initial spark, a lusty and affectionate sort of madness inflicted upon both parties, that was expected to come to an end, in due time. You knew you still got flutters in your stomach every time you saw your girlfriend, and you still had a schoolgirl crush, just as Lexa had with you.

But nothing was more intense than your reaction to watching Lexa work out. Specifically, doing pull-ups on the bar in her doorway, in nothing more than a sports bra and spandex, hair pulled back in a loose ponytail.

Truly, you were the luckiest woman in the world. You were sure of it. Because before you, in all her sweaty, muscled glory, was a goddess. Smirking at you.

"(Y/n)," Lexa greeted with ease, hoisting herself up as if it were nothing at all, even gracing you with a little smile.

Your heart nearly exploded. Why did it suddenly feel like the same excitement of when you weren't quite dating, longing for each other so desperately, always just out of reach. You loved to admire her then, and you certainly loved to admire her now.

"What are you doing?" You asked, mind numb as you stepped forward to get a better look.

"Last minute training for Friday's championship," Lexa informed you with a cocked brow. "What about you?"

"...Drooling." You snorted, leaning forward to wrap your arms around Lexa's torso, likely weighing her down, but Lexa didn't seem to mind. You eyed Lexa's tense abdomen, placing an open kiss against her skin. "You are literally the perfect human." You groaned. "How is this even possible? How am I dating you?"

Lexa chuckled, legs wrapping around you, not unlike the first time you had ever seen Lexa do pull-ups. "Look who's talking, sunshine," she murmured, moving to lift you.

"You'll throw out your back, Lex." You tsked, wriggling free of her grasp. "You can put those thighs around me some other time."

Lexa smirked at your brazen little innuendo, releasing her grip as she gracefully came down, flexing her arms in a stretch.

"Hi," she murmured, pulling you flush against her body.

"Hi," you echoed, leaning in for a kiss.

You wanted to laugh at the juxtaposition: Lexa, doing pull-ups moments ago with such extreme intensity, then giving you the softest of kisses, brushing her nose against yours lovingly. She contradicted herself in the sweetest of ways.

"What's the plan for today?" Lexa asked gently, your foreheads leaning against each other.

"...Therapy at noon," you almost growled. Lexa pinched your butt, and when you let out a yelp, Lexa stole a kiss.

"I hate you," you grumbled, deepening the kiss.

"It'll be over before you know it," Lexa soothed. "It's an hour to talk about your feelings... your family... your crushes... anything you want." Lexa winked.

"Crushes?" You drawled. "Oh, yeah, I'll tell her all about Lincoln, and Anya, and--"

"Stop, or I'll need therapy too," Lexa grumbled, hands possessively snaking around your hips.

"You have practice, right?" You queried gently.

"...At noon," Lexa conceded with a nod.

You glanced back at the clock by Lexa's bed. "It's ten-thirty." You smirked mischievously. "Carry me to bed, and take everything off. I'm going to ravish you," you demanded in a faux lofty voice, and Lexa's eyes widened in surprise as she wasted no time in lifting you up, the two of you giggling against each other in a messy heap.