Chapter 9- Be Mine

Those kisses left my head reeling, I couldn’t even stand still. I walked with a sway, which Declan found so charming.

“Wanna sit down, sweetie?” he smirked about to burst out laughing

I shot him a stern look “No.”

This time he did laugh.

“Stop it” I whined in the sweetest tone I could manage.

He stayed quiet for a while as we walked on the sandy wet beach. And a million things must have gone through his mind, probably even the same thoughts going through mine.

Where does that leave us?

That’s the question on our minds, I bet.

Matt was still there looking us over, but girls were swarming him. I squinted in his direction not averting my gaze. Why was I still looking over there? Why did I even care of all those girls were all over him. He’s a douche, I shouldn’t keep looking.

“Declan? Is that you?” a soft female voice brought me out of trance.

I looked over to see a very sexy blonde walking over in our direction, smiling from ear to ear at Declan.

“Jessica Peterson, I didn’t know you were still alive.” He smiled at her as she wrapped her arms around him and squeezed. I stood still with the best poker face I could pull.

“Me? You were the ones who stopped returning my emails, my phone calls, and my texts. What were you so busy with?” she didn’t sound bitter when she said it, it sounded playful, but then she looked at me and the tone changed “or should I say who?”

I gave her a tiny smile. “Hi, I’m Cordelia”

“Jessica” she shook my waiting hand and then looked at Declan. “And Cordelia is?” she didn’t even bother hiding her jealousy.

“Jessica… You don’t think we’re still…” he had a hard time with his words. “You left for France last summer, you made your choice.”

“I came back… it was a good job offer and I needed the money, you knew that.” She argued.

Right then my phone vibrated and dinged in my palm, so I checked it only to find a text from Matt.

-Third wheeling it already?

I rolled my eyes at the phone and looked over at him. There were two girls on each side of him, and one on his lap.

I walked over to him and crossed my arms over my chest “Stop texting me.”

“Did I hit a nerve there? Do you have feelings for that guy? You know you’re too mature for him, you’re not into boys, you prefer men, now don’t you?”

“I don’t prefer anything. Feelings are feelings, you can’t control them. I had a thing for you and now it’s gone.” I turned my back and went over to were Declan and Jessica were still chatting and he looked at me with a perplexed look when I came back, I didn’t know why until I felt someone wrap his arms around my waist and twist me only to kiss me good and then wink at me. Matt.

Anger bubbled in me and something else… familiarity. I knew that kiss too well, and the nice guy that Matt can be when he’s not too busy being a lying douche.

“That look right there is my answer,” Jessica shrieked “God, she’s a child, how old is she?” I turned around to find Declan unnerved “how old are you?” she directed her question at me.

“17.” I answered quickly.

“You have a 22 year old model wanting you and you’re so charmed by… by a kid?”