Chapter 2. intense

*Cordelia's POV*

After school the next day I stayed so I can help him as I promised I would.

He wasn't late he came in right before I did.

"hey" he smiled sweetly

"hello" I stammered.

"what are you working on?" he asked walking my way and I hid the paper that was on the desk.

"nothing" I lied.

"come on let me see." he insisted and I gave in to his beautiful melting eyes and handed him the paper. It carried a poem.

He read it with an intense look on his face that made my heart melt.

"this is really good Cordelia. Do you always write?"

"yeah most of the time. So what can I help you with?"

"you know what, let's just talk today. I wanna know a few things about you." he said genuinely

I nodded feeling like I had no other choice and I want to spend time with him...

*Matthew's POV*

I sat behind my desk and she stood by the window, her fair skin glowing in the afternoon sun. her beauty stunned my whole being. She's so sexy and I cant take my eyes off her.

She looked at me and smiled. "why did you ever become a chemist?"

"to become a teacher and get acquainted with outstanding students like yourself, who are too mature for their age" I tried to flirt.

"but you've been teaching for a while now havent you?"

"oh so I look that old?" I joked.

"you look like you're not new to teaching that's all."

"yeah, I know, but my dream is to have my own lab someday." I told her sincerely

"if you ever do, can I be your lab partner."

"you can be more than that if you want."

She laughed in a way that made my heart feel like I want to carry her and just take her home with me, and never let her go again.

"do you plan on becoming a chemist?"

"I'm back and forth on the subject, but if I get to spend more time with you then I think I just made up my mind."

She was definitely flirting back.

"who's your favorite teacher around here?" I asked expecting the answer that would satisfy my ego.

"do you even have to ask?" she said walking away from the window

"just curious."

"I'm just curious about one thing?"

"and what will that be?" I sat back in my chair my eyes blazing through her beautiful eyes.

"will you ignore me tomorrow in class?" her question was front and center "cause I would hate it if my favorite teacher ignored me."

"how can I ever ignore you?"

"hmm, I don't know... who's your favorite student?"

"do you even have to ask?" I returned her question "and are you gonna daydream tomorrow as well during class? Cause I would hate it if my favorite student didn't pay attention."

"I see sarcasm is one of your many qualities!" she came closer to me and I stood up and walked to her side.

I wanted to kiss her so badly. I was with in breathing area and she smiled before she backed off and walked to the door.

"see you tomorrow in class Mr. chem."

Did she just tease me? She did!!

I am actually falling for this girl.

But how could it be? I barely know her...