Chapter 3. Jealousy.

**Matthew's POV**

Friday night I got a call from Leah, who's supposed to be my girlfriend, saying that she wants to meet up at the pub to have a few beers and just have a good time.

As we were sitting there I kept thinking about Cordelia, my mind completely disconnected from what Leah was saying.

And just as I was thinking about her, she walked in with a group of friends, 4 guys and 2 girls.

I noticed that they were all older than her and two of the boys were seniors at school. I taught them and they're rude.

She looked at me then at leah but didn't even say hi as she walked by me to sit in a nearby booth.

All the guys were swooning over her, it was very disturbing to my sight.

"hey, Matt, eyes over here." Leah's voice brought me back.

"sorry," I said.

"who are those kids anyway?" she asked curiously.

"they're from the school where I teach." I took a moment to answer her question.

She looked at their group for a second before she turned to saying "let's go say hi, maybe even introduce me?"

"why?" I asked nonchalantly

"what do you mean why?" she blurted out.

I shook my head a looked at Cordelia who seemed to be having a wonderful time with all those guys.

Leah placed her hand on mine and smiled, I realized then that Cordelia was looking so I removed my hand from Leah's who frowned confused. Hurt by rejection.

**Cordelia's POV**

I was fully aware that he was no longer into his girlfriend. I felt his eyes blazing through me. I seldom turned around, but when I did I saw pure jealousy fuming in his eyes.

Liking the idea and knowing he'll flip out I leaned into one of my friends who placed a protective arm over my shoulder.

"I'm gonna go get some iced water, anybody want anything?" I asked then getting up.

"no, don't be late, doll" my cousin, Mia said.

Mia's my favorite older cousin who always chaperones my outings with guys!

I smiled and walked over to get some water.

"what are you doing here?" his voice shook my whole being.

I looked to my side and saw his beautiful eyes piercing mine.

"getting some water."

"no, I mean here, in general."

"oh, just hanging out with some friends." I smiled after I got my cup of water and walked back.

"who was that talking to you?" Mia asked and the guys turned around to look.

"that's our chemistry teacher. He's got all the girls going crazy for him at school."

"it seems that Cordelia got him all crazy for her." Mia teased.

"oh stop it, Mia" I laughed it off thinking how true that was.

I tried not to look too much. I didn't want everyone on the table thinking there was something going on there.

Monday at lunch I stayed in class, working on my chemistry homework that I didn't get the chance to do over the weekend.

Someone walked in but I didn't look up assuming it was my best friend, Jake, getting me my lunch.

"okay, Jakey, you're early, but..." I was cut off mid-sentence

"not Jake" he said and I looked up at him.

"oh good, just the person that could help. So how can I balance this equation? It's not turning out so well with me."

He brushed my hand as he reached for the pen and scribbled on the paper for 2 seconds exactly. "here you go. Now can we talk?"

I nodded thinking how sexy he was when he's all smart and intelligent.

He said nothing as he paced back and forth.

"if you're not gonna say anything..." I started to talk but then he jerked next to me and wrote something on my paper.

I WAS GOING OUT OF MY MIND LAST FRIDAY!

"sorry about that...?" I mumbled not sure what else to say.

**Matthew's POV**

I wanted to tell her how it felt exactly but I didn't know how she would take it so I tried to put it in simple words.

"you don't understand..."

"no I understand perfectly. You felt the same way I felt when I was you with that girl.

"leah?"

"whatever her name is!" she sounded a bit defensive. "but I also saw how you removed your hand when she held it."

I nodded thinking how mature and smart and beautiful she is.

"and I saw the way you looked at me..." she continued.

"what do you call that?" I asked hoping she's realize where this is going.

Jake entered that same moment holding a sandwich for Cordelia.

"I call it Chemistry!" she said smiling mischievously before she stood up and walked out with jake by her side leaving me breathless and stunned.

This girl is gonna be a handful to handle with all the wit and charm.