Chapter 11- Fast Forward Then Rewind

Fast forward to senior year, Declan is still my man, and I talked to my parents about changing my school. Something about my argument must have gone well. Here's what I said "I know I have plenty of friends, but I feel like I need the change to get used to the idea of going to university next fall, and my friends won't be there to have my back. Besides, you know me, I can cope anywhere."

So for my final year, I've ended up someplace new, totally Matt free, and ready for a fresh start. The best part of it all: having Declan drive me to class every morning and picking me up in the afternoon. He's worked with his university schedule to fit my own, so we can have as much time together.

We're about 2 months into the first semester of my senior year, and I've already made a group of friends. Adelaide, Christian, and Maya.

"I'll see you at 3?" Declan asked leaning in to give me a quick peck.

"Actually, I'm leaving with Addie today; we're all having lunch nearby. Why don't you join us? Meet my new friends, and hang out?"

"Sounds like a plan. Text me the details?"

"Of course. See you later!" I got out of the car and as I walked around he got out too, grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me close.

"Forgot to tell you something," he looked at me then bit his lower lip.

"Oh yeah? What would that be?"

"I love you"

I beamed at him "And I love you!" I got on my tip toes, wrapping my hands around his neck and giving him a kiss and then a big squeeze. "Drive safe, would you?"

"Always, baby." He kissed my forehead and got into the car "The when and where."

"As soon as I talk to them I'll text." I waved as he back out of the lot and I glided my way to the building to find my friends.

I spotted Christian and Maya first. "Hey guys, where's Addie?"

"She said there's a sub teacher filling in for Ms. Vanessa." Chris informed me "So she is taking a peek inside class."

"Are we on for today?" I changed the subject

"Sure, we're still in, but we need to check with Addie, if she has found some better guy to hang out with, you'll ride with us." Chris said putting his arm around my shoulders for a side hug.

He and Maya are twins, but they couldn't be any more different from one another.

"Awwh, that's thoughtful. I wanna know where exactly so I can text Declan. I want you guys to meet him." I said excitedly.

"Ohh, I heard so much about him, I can't wait to see him in person." Maya pitched in.

I was about to respond when I spotted Addie coming down the hall and she waved at me. She ran the final few steps as she neared us and shrieked. "This new sub is so cool! He's actually hot!"

"Teachers are never hot." Maya rolled her eyes.

"Wanna bet?" Adelaide linked Maya's arm and led her back up the hall toward her class.

I raised my eyebrows as they walked away, thinking how I was there once. So excited about my teacher, and so taken by his charm and wits.

"Come on, Cordy. Declan won't mind if you take a little looksee at Mr. Hottie in class." Maya chimed back at me.

"No, thanks, I'll walk with Chris to class. We got calculus, and Mr. Johnson hates tardiness." I waved them off, then Chris and I made our way to class.

We were the first 2 people there.

"So, what's up with you?" he asked.

"Huh?"

"You're not a normal 17 year old girl, are you?"

I laughed it off "I am, I'm just over the crushing on my teacher phase." I shrugged it off.

"You did before?"

As I was thinking how to answer that question, Melissa walked in and took a seat next to Chris. "Good morning, Chris... Cordelia." She smiled politely at us "Tough homework, yeah?"

"Yeah, I couldn't solve that to save my life." Chris complained.

As class started, Addie texted me a pick of the back side of the new substitute teacher.

-Lol, you perve, focus on your class! I texted

To which she texted back:

-If you think his ass looks fine, wait till you see his face! ;)

I rolled my eyes at her text and switched off my phone.

Her attitude reminded me of my own way back when and it made me uncomfortable to think about Matt and his texts and his attitude with me.

At noon, I texted Declan where to meet us after classes are over, and the final two sessions passed by rather quickly.

Adelaide was still on board for today's lunch plans, so I rode with her instead of with the twins.

"Mr. Hottie is a really good teacher." She exclaimed as Declan and I exchanged flirty texts.

"What's his name?" I asked.

"I didn't catch it. Damn it, I was too busy looking at how good he looks in dress pants."

I laughed at that to refrain from saying any sarcastic remarks.

Addie pulled into the parking lot the same time as Declan was. I pointed at his car and said "that's my man."

Her gaze followed where my finger was pointing and she turned to look at me "Way to go, Cordy!!"

I wiggled my eyebrows at her and got out to meet Declan half way, just as Chris and Maya parked their car and walked to us. When we formed a semi-circle, I started introducing them to one another.

"Declan, meet Adelaide, Christian and Maya. Guys, meet Declan, my baby." I said proudly holding his left hand as he shook his right with theirs.

We took a booth near the window in the far end, Declan and I took one side of the sofa, the one facing us was occupied by my friends. Through all the laughs and jokes, Addie got up to refill her soda. "Anyone want anything while I'm up?" she asked.

"Here, refill mine too." Chris handed her his soda as well.

It wasn't long before she returned. "Oh my gosh, you guys. Mr. Hottie is here!"

I was leaning into Declan's chest, his hand over my shoulders, pulling me closer, laughing at a joke Maya had said. We all followed Addie's gaze and that's when I spotted him. Matt.

He spotted us at the same time. His eyes looked with mine, raised his glass as cheers and made his way out of the restaurant.

My smile faded, Declan's replaced by a frown. I straightened to exchange a silent look with him, and then we were met by 6 confused stares.

"What just happened?" Adelaide asked.

I looked at her unable to utter one single word.