Chapter 5. Confessions

Later that night Matt IM'd me telling me that he wants to meet me someplace, so we could be alone and have a chat in private and not in school where everyone just wants gossip and where we'd be in danger of getting exposed.

I got dressed appropriately enough to impress a grown up sexy man.

While walking on the street he stopped his car someplace not very far and picked me up.

"hey, thanks for agreeing to meet me." he spoke in a low husky voice that made me shiver.

"I wanted to." I said blushing.

He looked me over and smiled. I felt my temperature rise.

"where are we going?" I asked sweetly.

"someplace not very far from here."

I nodded "but where?"

He laughed "are you afraid?"

"no!" I lied.

"do you trust me?"

I stayed quiet...

"well do you?" he insisted.

"once you tell me where we're going..."

"we're going to a park not very far away but its old and no one ever goes there at night."

My heart raced at those words.

**Matthew's POV**

I couldn't stop looking at cordy, she's so beautiful and I wanted her mine. I just have to get it out.

When we get there. I decided. And we were only minutes away..

"so how's school?" I tried to make conversation to break the silence.

"you're asking me about school?" she laughed then said "everything is okay, no worries."

"any guys chasing you?"

"I'm not telling you!" she frowned smiling.

I parked the car and rushed out to open the door for her.

"thank you" she whispered and I held her hand as we walked to sit on an old bench under an old oak tree.

"I have to be honest with you, Cordelia." I started and she nodded "you already know that I cant get you off my mind... and I constantly find myself smiling at you memory, and when someone says your name my heart beats faster... and I think I might be falling for you..." she said nothing so I continued to talk "I know its wrong and I know there are more years between us than there should be, but you're so different than other girls, in a good way, and I want you in my life Cordy, so what do you say?"

I waited and she was looking at me speechless.

"Cordelia?"

"hmm?" she snapped out of it. "sorry, that was.... Sudden."

"oh, I'm sorry."

She smiled and laid her hand on mine "don't be! See, you might not know it, but I feel the same way. I have strong feelings for you, and I feel like I need you in my life."

"need me?"

She nodded

"Well why?"

"because there's just so much going on in my life, and I need someone older and wiser, who I can trust and turn to..."

"I'll be there for you through whatever you need, I promise."

"promise is a big word, Matt"

"I'm aware and I'll follow through, you have my word."

Her eyes filled with tears before I took her in my arms and held her tight.