Chapter 6: Summer time love

Cordelia's POV

That was how I developed all those feeling for my chemistry teacher, but that summer I had time to rethink everything. Rumors surfaced that Matt was dating an 18 year old senior from some other school, and that all he has told me was either fake… well that’s it, I can’t think of some other thing to describe it as, other than fake.

I saw him a couple of times before school started and I played so nonchalant when he openly told me about her.

“I’d love for you to join me, my sister and my girlfriend for lunch today; I’d like to introduce you to one another.” He suggested.

“Awesome, I’d love to meet your sister, but I have already met your girlfriend last year at the pub, remember?”

“Leah… She’s old news; I’m with someone else now, her name’s Brooklyn.”

“Oh, then I’d like to meet her too, sure just let me know where to meet you guys.”

He scribbled down the address and handed me the piece of paper.

“I’ll see you later then.” I gave him a very very fake grin

“Around 2 pm. Please don’t be late.”

“I won’t.” I flipped my hair and walked away.

I kept thinking about what went on between the two of us last year.

I was a year younger, that means a year more mature now.

I was reliving all of our conversations, he claimed to have feelings for me, I said I had feelings for him too. Still do, probably, but what can I do about it?

I wasn’t raised to be that kind of girl. He probably doesn’t even want someone like me. He thought he could mess with the innocent type but when I held my ground he went around dating some 6 ft tall, blonde haired princess? Oh yeah, she looks like a super model alright. I know cause I went to that lunch after all and here’s what happened when I showed up.

“Hi there.” I walked over to their table once I spotted them.

“Hey.” Matt stood up to greet me “Brook this is my favorite little student, Cordelia. Cordy, this is my girlfriend Brooklyn.”

“Nice to meet you, honey” Brooklyn shook my hand with a warm smile on her lips.

“Like wise.” I smiled back. She was nice to me at first.

“Matt tells me you’re in the 9th grade.”

“11th, Brook” Matt corrected.

“Oh sorry, must have mistaken her with one of your ninth graders”

I laughed it out “Oh they do tell me I’m baby faced.”

“You are! And you’re so tiny.”

“Doll sized. Boys love it.”

“How many have actually told you that.”

“Plenty… Including your boyfriend here… Oh and my boyfriend.”

“You have a boyfriend?” Matt cut in to our little convo.

“Yes. Declan. He’s a sweetheart… He’s gonna be a neurosurgeon”

“An older guy huh?” Brook lightened up a bit.

“Not much older, he’s not a graduate or anything, he’s just starting up”

“You didn’t tell me you have a boyfriend.” Matt spoke before Brook could.

“Umm… Why would I? I mean it’s not any of your business.”

“I thought we’re friends.”

“We are… in school. Outside of school I happen to have a social life that doesn’t include you.” I spoke softly and calmly.

“Sassy!” Brooklyn giggled  

Declan was just a friend. I met at my cousin’s wedding and we exchanged numbers and have been friends ever since.

I told him about Matthew… He was shocked to say the least.

“Cordelia!” I heard a familiar voice call my name. I turned around and saw Declan across the street.

I waved hi and blew him a kiss.

“That him?” Brooklyn asked staring at him. “Invite him over, introduce us.”

I nodded as I got up and ran over to him “Ok, you’re my boyfriend for the next 5 minutes, please please? Okay? Perfect.” I blurted out so fast he just laughed.

When we got there I introduced him and we sat down next to each other. Matt kept looking back and forth from me to Declan.

About 10 minutes later, and after a few questions about how we met and how’s studying going for him, he got up and apologized for being late for a dental appointment.

“It was nice meeting my girl’s friends. I gotta go though. Enjoy your lunch.”

I got up to give him a hug and out of nowhere he kissed my lips, sweetly.

I smiled at him and he winked at me as if knowing he got an A+ from me.

“See you tonight?” he double checked.

“Yeah for sure babe. Love you!”

“Love you, too.”

That felt real… genuine. Wait… What just happened?!