Chapter 12- Questions and Answers

Addie was expecting an answer, and so were the twins. I tried to swallow but my throat felt parched.

"Excuse me for a minute." Declan said dryly as he got up from his seat and walked fast steady paces outside.

We all followed his steps until he was out of sight and out the front door.

"What the hell?" Maya whispered in utter shock.

"I'll be right back..." I got up and ran after Declan. I found him on the near end of the parking lot, smoking a cigarette. "Declan?" I managed to say.

"Does he teach at your new school now? Cause it's called stalking and I'm pretty sure that calls for a restraining order." He pointed an angry finger at me "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know. He doesn't teach there, he's just a substitute and I'm not in his class." I stated simply.

"You didn't know?" he repeated

I nodded twice.

"Bullshit!" he shook his head.

"Hold on, after everything we've been through, you are doubting me? Why would I lie to you?"

He took a very slow and long drag of his cigarette before he looked up at me and held my gaze for long torturous seconds before he dropped the cigarette bud, and took a couple steps in my direction.

"You're right, and I'm sorry. I just... it's just instinct I guess." He shrugged

"What is?"

"Protecting my girl." He gave me a small sly smile and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Listen..." I sighed "after everything we've been through together, you don't ever get to question me... not about this! Not now and not ever! Are we clear?" I sounded a bit defensive but it had to be done.

"Feisty!" he joked and pulled me in for a hug. "I said I'm sorry!"

"I'll let it slide this time." I poked his chest "but just this once."

He kissed the top of my head "Okay."

"That was rather easy... Okay... one word! Way to go Cordelia" I spoke to myself out loud, jokingly.

"Baby, you got me right here." He held my pinky and kissed it lightly.

"Wrapped around my finger?" I raised an eyebrow at him "So I can get whatever the hell I want out of you?"

"Like you don't know." He said tickling my sides and shrieked laughing. When I turned around to try to run away, he grabbed my waist and pulled my back to his chest and held me tightly, still tickling, adding kisses to my neck, grazing his teeth on my soft skin.

I looked up to see Mathew staring at us from his windshield, when he noticed that I was looking at him, that I caught him, he backed out quickly and drove away.

Declan didn't notice him, and by that moment, he'd stopped tickling me and focused on the kissing part.

"Umm... you're gonna give her a hickey." Adelaide snorted

"She doesn't mind," his tongue smoothly and subtly licked where his teeth left me shuddering "Do you baby?"

"I don't mind" I responded then bit my lower lip embarrassed.

"Whatever," Addie rolled her eyes at us "Mind telling us what the fuck went on back there? With Mr. Hottie?"

Declan completely let go of me by then and looked at me before he spoke as to say follow my lead. "He was Cordelia's teacher at her old school."

"And?" she waited when he cut the sentence short.

"And they didn't get along well. He once caught us making out in the physics lab, and threatened to tell on us so I threatened to tell on him."

"Tell what?"

"He was dating a girl named Brooklyn. Who was a senior student" he was actually on a roll and Addie was believing every word. Almost everything was true. But we never got busted kissing in a physics lab, because Declan never came in to any class with me.

"No way!" her moth flew open.

"What's going on?" Chris and Maya spoke together like twins sometimes do and Addie filled them in.

I rode back home with Declan and we were quiet most of the ride until he pulled over a street before we reached my home.

"Cordelia," he spoke my name like it's a song, a melody... "I'm truly sorry about today."

"Water under the bridge, baby." I reached out and squeezed his hand

"You won't go back to that time when you were 16, will you?"

I shook my head "Of course not! I love you, Declan. Only you!"

"That's good to hear... it'll shatter me if he got you back."

It broke my heart to hear him say that and to see the worry in his eyes made it worse.

"That won't ever happen, so get it out of your head already." As I said that I felt my phone buzz in my side pocket, but paid it no attention until Declan drove my home and I went inside.

-          It's been almost two year and it's still only you...

Even though I had deleted his number a long time ago, I knew exactly who this text was from...

Matt.