17: Commercialized Fame

This was supposed to go up yesterday... But wattpad was making me post it as private which was really annoying. Sorry of I made a bunch of you get multiple reminders to read my story. I just really don't like all this difficulty...

17: An Offer

*******HARRY*******

I sit awkwardly, staring across the table as Sky discusses the new spiderman movie that comes out Friday. His voice isn't very masculine. It didn't get deep enough during puberty.

It's kind of annoying.

"So Emma plays Gwen. The last Spiderman had Mary Kate but we are switching it up a bit. It's a different interpretation of the story. Emma isn't in town right now because she went to go visit her family."

"I wish I could meet her she's so cool and funny. Inspiration," Lara says, smiling at her "friend". She totally has a crush on him. It's evident in her smile. You don't just have a good looking guy as a best friend.

"Paulo's late,"

"Paulo?" I ask, trying so hard not to scoff at the name.

"He's a friend of mine. He was interested in getting Lara in a commercial for his business."

"And what business might that be?" I snap,taking a glance at Lara who furrows her eyebrows, not seeming to enjoy the idea too much. Louis kicks my shin and I inhale sharply, giving him a sneer but still awaiting my answer.

"He works for Armani. He should put you in the commercial Harry. It's for cologne," Andrew makes a smile, it seems so sincere but I know it can't possible be. "Harry in a commercial?" Niall scoffs, on the verge of spitting out his drink.

"It's not like I would be like terrible or something Niall!" I exclaim across the table.

"Well..." Liam begins, cocking his head to the side.

"FOOD! I'm so hungry!" Niall exclaims as he gets his food from the waiter and digs in immediately.

I take my salmon fillet as he hands it to me across the large table with an entry spot for the mysterious and infamous Paulo. Suddenly, a man in a tailored suit moves into the seat next to Andrew. Paulo seems to fit. Before he sat down he walked with such finesse that could make an entire room turn.

He gives new meaning to "your turning heads when you walk through the door". He is completely bald but still seems fashionable. Let's just say Paulo is the bald equivalent to "the most interesting man in the world".

"Hello all. I'm Paulo. I'm terribly sorry I'm late," the waiter sets down a plate next to him. "Thank you Sky for ordering for me. You know my passion for steak," As he talks, no one dares to take his eyes off him. Except Niall, of course, who is too caught up in his world of food.

"No problem. Hey guys this is Paulo. I think he already said that," Sky says, scoffing and feeling a little overpowered.

We spend the next twenty or so minutes eating and listening to Sky and Andrew talk about their misadventures on set. Andrew talks about Emma very affectionately... "Maybe they're dating?" I ask myself but brush it off, eating my food quietly while they talk. Andrew, Sky, and Paulo seem dressed up for dinner but the rest of us are just tee shirt and jeans, not really knowing what to expect. Management never lets us go anywhere unprepared so it feels awkward knowing that I'm underdressed.

"About that commercial Andy was taking about...."Lara begins, not sure where any of it is going.

"Yes. Yes the commercial." Paulo wipes his mouth, preparing the words in his head.

"I heard a little story of how you and Harry are dating," he smiles mischievously at Lara and she freezes up, chewing the pasta in her mouth. Before she is able to swallow I butt in,"Yes we are. What about it?"

"Well I had a good idea for the commercial. We always try to make them seem very mysterious and magical. Romantic. It would work better with a real couple. I was hoping that you and Lara might be interested in it?"

"Erm well uhh..."

"The payment would be 100 thousand for both of you," Lara chokes on his words and gets out,"OF COURSE WE WILL DO IT!" with food evident in her mouth.

"We will?" I shake the idea out of my head."Erm of course we will."

"We are free tomorrow!!" Louis chirps from next to me. I glare at him,my lips pursing together in anger.

"Sounds like a plan," Paulo's hands intertwine on the table in satisfaction, his eyes fixated on me, making me squirm in my seat uncomfortable. Something seems wrong about this.

________________________

SORRY I HAVEN'T UPLOADED THIS STORY IN THE LONGEST TIME!!

It's a short chapter too...

Well it will be a really good chapter tomorrow I swear! This is kinda a fluffy chapter but ASDFHHKKLVDIWN I have good plans for next chapter.

Okay so I know I have been saying for a while that I was going to do a story called" The Only Exception". Turns out I had a better idea so I fleshed this one out a little bit more to be a better story. Hope you love it as much as me.

It's called "Confessions of a Fandom Freak". I have the first chapter uploaded and it's a long first chapter and I should add chapter two tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to that too. It only has like 8 reads right now because I just put it yesterday. 8 reads is pitiful. Get it up!

Check out "The Haunting of One Direction" too!!

I promise to upload a little bit more regularly on this story. I start school in two days and I'm kinda terrified. I shouldnt be scared because I'm going to be a senior and I'm kinda a fearless bastard but I still have jitters.

Wish me luck and I wish you luck on any of your endeavors this week! I can't wait for the closing ceremony of the Olympics tomorrow!!

~Millennia