12: A Misstep

12: A Misstep

Helloooo! So I just want to say thanks for all of the new readers I have acquired. You guys make it all worth it.

The song for this chapter is "The Show" by Lanka. It's adorable and I love it. Lara hums it later.

And I don't know guys, but I just really need someone to talk to.... I'm feeling really awful lately. I mean I spent three hours this morning on a rock staring at the skyline. My kik is mimster1D if you are interested...

Love you lovelies! xx Melina

________________________

**LARA**

"Do you ever stop eating?" I tease as Niall stuffs his face with the last bite while I finish my iced tea.

"You need food to live!" he exclaims still chewing. I giggle and poke him in his side and he flinches in a massive spasm of giggles. "Haha found your tickle spot. Great." I smile mischievously and hold out my index finger again, ready to strike.

"Mercy!" He shrinks into the back of his seat and cringes again. I giggle and notice Harry roll his eyes beside me. "Oh come on Harry. What you don't have a ticklish spot?" I ruffle up his curls and his hands immediately fly up to fix them. With his underarms exposed, I run my finger up his inner arm to see him shiver with giggles. "Some things you just don't forget about a person." I smirk in my own satisfaction.

"Just half an hour before the show,"I mumble knowing all eyes are on me. "I hope we actually get somewhere following these brochure clues. I hate to be pessimistic, but if we don't find either Liam or Zayn there, we will have nothing to go on."

"Don't say that Lar!" Niall grabs my arm fiercely. "We will find them. I can't go without my Leeyum any longer!" He pouts his lips and it brings a smile to my face and I see his transparent braces sticking out slightly from under his constant grin. I can't believe I kissed him this morning. I can't believe he kissed me. Why would anyone fancy me? I'm nothing special. I click my teeth together in anticipation.

"Shall we walk already?" Harry asks with a steady gaze on me. "Yeah sure," I respond catching a glimpse at him. I hastily drop my eyes to my phone hoping to drop the gaze.

3 new messages appear on the lock screen.

<<Don't worry about me! It's great! I'll be telling mum later!>> Kat. I don't even want to think about her right now.

<<Just making sure that my favourite girls are splendid! ~Avalon>> I guess I will just be writing some random thing about how great we are.

<<Lara! Haven't had word with you for practically all day! How's one direction? I'm still jealous. >>

I don't even know what to reply to any of them.

After a couple of minutes of walking, a Starbucks appears in sight and I go to grab a Mocha with a triple shot of espresso. Just what I need. These boys tire me out so much I don't even know what to do with myself.

I sip as we walk along and Harry gets a little bit happier noticing that no one can recognize him as the sun sets. The Treasure Island comes into full view finally.

It's a cool looking casino and hotel following their brill pirate theme. "I've always wanted to be a swashbuckling pirate. I wish we stayed here!" Louis exclaims behind me.

Before coming into the hotel, we pass an enormous pirate ship and I realize that's where they hold the shows. Out of the corner of my eye, I see what looks exactly like Liam except in a pirate costume. I don't even want to know.