2: A Brief Exposure

2: A Brief Exposure

********LARA*********

I feel like screaming until my voice gives out. I sit next to Kat as she hums along to "What makes you Beautiful". All that damn girl ever listens to is One Direction. She is utterly obsessed with Harry Styles. She believes he is a totally brill. I think that she would change her mind if she knew him like me.

Of course, I would never tell her that I knew him before he was famous. That would give her something to be jealous of me. Last time she got jealous of me, she got a new car. Brat.

She asks me why I'm so different but I feel immersed in an alien world daily. I grew up until I was eleven in a less than hospitable orphanage in Bristol. I learned to take care of myself and not to trust anyone even if they trust you. Life made me stronger.

On the other hand, life made Kat weaker. I know she has a strong character but she has been spoiled so much that it is constantly hidden under her jewelry.

"Attention Ladies and Gentlemen, we will be arriving at our destination, Las Vegas, in twenty minutes so please fasten your seatbelts and put up your chairs. Thank you."

Almost over, you can do this Lara. My iPod died halfway into the ride because Kat had to use the charger to talk with her friends on FaceTime.

Kat pretends to have friends but I know that they just want her for her money. I only have two people I call my friends and that is Cleo and Nicole. I met them out of the fencing classes that the Stars made me go to every day last year. I have plenty of acquantinces but I dont trust them like I do Cleo and Nicole.

I would talk to them right now if my phone wasn't on airplane mode.

"What's the point of listening to one direction right now if you are going to their concert tonight?"

"Their music is the greatest Lara." She pulls out her earbuds to give me a quizzical glance. "I mean what's wrong with you they are the most popular boy and of our generation. Better than the Beatles." She places her earbuds back in and hums along to the words.

Better than the Beatles? The Beatles were the greatest band ever how can you even compare them? Beatles was rock and One Direction is lovesick pop.

After twenty more minutes of the humming of Kat we land in Las Vegas. What's the point of staying here an entire week?

"C'mon Lara! Let's just get our baggage and have some fun it's already four!" I walk over to the revolving baggage claim and wait for my gray suitcase with a red ribbon on the front. Kat easily grabs her two pink zebra suitcases and makes an impatient face as I wait for mine. We reach the end of the baggage and my suitcase is nowhere to be seen.

"Blooming Brilliant!" I huff and walk over to the baggage claim window and ask for my bag. It's in Denver ad didn't get ported over when we switched planes. It should be here tomorrow.

We drag ourselves over to the shuffle that Avalon(Mrs. Star) set up for us.

"Edward! You came!" I squeal as I hurl my carry on up the steps. We do our signature handshake and he sits back down to drive. Kat purses her lips in jealousy. Edward is the coolest butler we have ever had. He had been here for a year and a half and is the closest thing to a brother I could ever achieve.

I might be able to survive this vacation with Edward. He's 25 and is 6'3" with black hair pushed into a quiff that is very similar to Elvis Presley. I thought he was gay until he started dating Veronica, the 23 year old pastry chef.

"I have some bad news and some good news. Lar-Bear. I'm not staying in the same hotel as you. The stars wanted to save money on me and I'm staying at the Stardust all by myself instead. Good news is that they gave me the week off to enjoy myself in Vegas."