There's no place I'd rather be

Rather be

Poppy's POV

There definitely are perks to being single, like you wouldn't have to worry about buying a Valentine's Day gift for anyone and stressing yourself out over thinking your gift isn't good enough, even though you know they would love you regardless. If you later would've found out he wasn't the one, you can cross off dealing with heart break too. You also wouldn't have to worry about getting done for a date and everything going wrong— flashback to my movie date with Branch...

And, I'm not saying this to make those trolls who aren't in relationships feel bad but... if given the right circumstances/right Troll partner, you'd be in heaven and never ever want to go back to Earth.

Please keep in mind, that there is a difference between loneliness and being alone. Sometimes you need to be alone to discover the difference. Although..

Having someone to love and to be there for you is the best feeling. Even if you don't live together yet, that reassurance of just knowing someone out there loves you, even if the odds are against you and everything seems to be falling apart, can let alone make you feel better about anything. Having someone by your side to treat you like the princess you are is the best feeling. Rich, poor, I wouldn't trade my love with Branch for the world.

However, it is fricken great when he decides to surprise me with a mini date or just an outing where he spoils me. Most of the time, we'd go to the main trolls shopping center, get food and ice cream, and he'd also spoil me with new clothes or decor for my room.

He isn't exactly like me, whilst his colors have returned, he still has a bit of grumpiness that shows through now and again. Sometimes, he'd snap at me and we wouldn't talk for a day, or I'd comfort him and pamper him. I love making trolls smile but... The harder it is to make someone smile, the more rewarding it is when you finally get them to smile—that's one of the features I love most about him, and it never fails to make me fall endlessly in love with him.

This afternoon, we're going to a carnival/festival thingy. It's going to be jam packed and fun, (and least that's what Branch said) and I have no doubt about it. Troll village is just recovering from the winter season and heading into the hotter months. The carnival has been closed for the past 6 months, and as a celebration for the sun returning and bringing light and warmth back, a carnival known as 'Festival of the Sun' is opened for the first 2 weeks.

And of course, I have an appointment with the best fashionistas in town for a new outfit. (If you haven't caught on, it's Satin and Chenille. Sorry Nova)
I let them take control this time. Usually, I'd give them some specifications—like what colors and what designs should go where, but this time I'm quite confident they'll make something great without my guidance. The twins have my measurements already— which makes life a whole lot more convenient, and I'm off to go to their pod.

Third Person POV

Poppy strolled through Troll village. As per usual, everything was happy and merry and sunny. The golden, yellow birds were chirping and singing to their hearts content—as well as many of the trolls who inherited the village, and people were getting set up for the carnival. She was ecstatic, over the moon because oh how much she missed the warm, comforting presence of summer. The warmth in summer felt hot, yes, but the heat clung onto her like a hug. It provided a sense of security and reassurance that the cold, harsh winter was gone—replaced by the hot sun with the occasional cool breeze.

Her stroll turned into a skip, hopping merrily around as she got greeted by almost every troll she walked past. As Queen, she had gained quite the amount of popularity. Every troll knew her since young but, now she was acknowledged as an older, wiser troll. (Although she got a lot of advice from Branch when it came to organization and things) The view was glorious and it couldn't get any better—