Good things dont last (2)

Chapter 4

Continuing previous chapter ~

"N-no no no no no." Poppy started shouted,

"Branch hold on-n pl-lease." Poppy cried. He was still going grey and she was still stuck to the ground.

Branch was now fully grey. He looked into her eyes, his eyes where icy and full of hatred.

"Poppy, get, out, now." He spoke harshly. Poppy tried to move but couldn't.

"I- I can't m-move." Poppy sobbed, trying to find happiness in his eyes, there was none.

"I. Hate. You." Branch said. Looking into her eyes sending a shock of pain shot up through her heart.

"H-hate is a strong w-word Branch." Poppy tried to joke around to get Branch to laugh. But he didn't.

"You're right, it is a strong word." Branch said,

"But not strong enough." Branch was about to slap her.

"N-no no please no Branch don't-" Poppy welped but she couldn't move.

"Ahhhhhh-"

Poppy flung up from her bed. Panting, gasping for air as she looked around.

It was a dream.

Branch was sitting right next to her and she got a fright.

"STAY AWAY FROM ME!" Poppy screamed at Branch out of fear unintentionally.

"Hey hey Poppy it's just me!" Branch tried to calm her down.

She started calming down from her horrible nightmare.

"Poppy? Are you ok? What happened?" Poppy was in Branch's embrace. This calmed her down as she came to senses with herself Branch would never hurt her, even when he was grey.

"I-I had a, nightmare." She chocked the words out of her throat as she started tearing up.

"Poppy hey it's ok I'm right here, you can tell me what it was about and I'll help you get through it ok?"
Branch spoke soothingly, stroking the back of her hair.

"I don't think you want to hear it Branch." Poppy said.

"It doesn't matter what I think Poppy, what you're thinking about is far more important to give you a nightmare that leaves you in tears, we can get through this together ok?" Branch was really good at calming Poppy down. He had many, experiences... with nightmares before...

"Ok... it was about, you..." Poppy was getting uneasy. Her eyes started watering again.

"Ok Poppy you know what? I'm not going to force you to tell me what you dreamt about- me... if it's going to make you uneasy, then don't tell me. But whatever I... did, just know that I would never do that to you in real life, and I would never hurt you ok?" Branch broke away from the embrace and held her face.

"I know Branch." Poppy said, holding his hand.

"It just felt, so real-" Poppy looked away.

"Will this change your mind?" Branch said, cupping her cheeks and pulling her in for a deep kiss, she was shocked first but melted into the kiss, all her worries went away, that nightmare was nothing.

Branch pulled away first,

"I think it's time to sleep, you have had a pretty rough night." Branch said. He was getting up to go but Poppy grabbed his hand, she looked down and said,

"Well, I was hoping if you could, you know, stay with me for tonight? I miss your embrace." Poppy said, she was blushing so even in the dark you could see her glow.

Branch just smiled,

"Ok Poppy, but only because you had a nightmare." He smiled and got into bed with her.

And they spent the whole night in each other's embrace.

"We should do this more often." Poppy whispered.

"This is inappropriate for a non couple, Poppy." Branch whispered back.

"Well then maybe we should be a couple." Poppy said, then she realized what she said and immediately regretted it,

"I mean- I just- I mean..." Poppy was stuttering and blushing so hard.

"Poppy, you make me laugh you know that?" Branch just laughed.

"But Poppy, I will be your boyfriend if that's what you want." Branch said.

"Goodnight Poppy, sweet dreams."
Branch said and drifted off to sleep.

"Or a beautiful nightmare would do." Poppy whispered before nuzzling into Branch's chest.

~

I'm sorry these two weren't that long, but they were two parts so technically if you put them together it's the same length as my other stories 😂🌟❤️💗✨

~ ShootingCommets ⭐️✨