Some Fresh Air

Chapter 8

Sorry for doing so many with Branch being grey I just like how Branch interacts with Poppy as he experiences new emotions 😂✨
(This does take place when Branch was grey)
~

Readers POV

Branch was having an extra sour day today. He just woke up and felt horrible. He wasn't sick or anything, he just felt way more grumpier than usual.

He had to pray real hard that Poppy wouldn't come to his bunker to invite him to some party like she usually does. He knew he'd end up hurting her feelings and that he didn't want. It's not that he didn't enjoy her company, he really did, but he didn't want to hurt her.

Branch just lay there on his bed thinking about anything that came to his mind, but there was just one problem, the only thing that came to his mind was

Poppy.

He was thinking about her way too much to the point where it's unhealthy. He could never be in love with the princess, could he?

No.

She would never love her, he's just a grey, rude, all alone troll with no love in his heart, at least that what he thought until he met Poppy.

He had enough happiness to turn back to his normal colours, but his depressing thoughts about him being alone kept him away from it.

Branch decided to get some fresh air, maybe it would snap him out of his mood, so he got up ever so slowly, brushed his hair and walked out.

It didn't change his mood, in fact it made him more insecure. He realized him just walking in the village was not very usual, and all the trolls around him would gasp or turn to the closest troll next to them and start whispering.

It was torture. This is why he is an introvert.

As he turned around to go home, a hand grabbed his hand and he tensed at the sudden touch.

'Please don't be Poppy please don't be Poppy...' Branch thought to himself.

He turned around, he followed the arm attached to his hand to the face, only to find

Poppy.

She looked at him with a smile on her face,

"Hey Branch! What are your doing in the village? Not that it's a problem." Poppy said, smiling.

"I just needed to get some fresh air, now excuse me but I'll be on my way now-" Branch started, trying to get away from her before he hurt her, but then she started pulling him away from the village.

"Well then I know the perfect place to get fresh air!" Poppy squealed as she pulled him into a meadow.

The grass was soft against his legs as she pulled him through the grassy meadow, he was actually, relaxed for the first time in a while.

Then she stopped running and he fell over, she just giggled,

"Branch, you can't get a deep breath from the dirt!" Poppy squealed.

He quickly got up from the grass and wiped his vest and pants quickly.

"Now sit down." She spoke, Branch was too tired to disagree so he just sat down.

"Now I want you to close your eyes." Poppy said, she was getting squirmish, too squirmish if you ask me...

"No thanks Poppy I'm good." Branch said, he had already been pushed past his limit.

"Please Branch? For me?" Poppy said, she made 'puppy dog' eyes.

Branch just sighed and obliged,

"Fine." Branch said, he was doing it for himself but, mainly for her, but she couldn't know that.

Branch closed his eyes, waiting for what was about to happen next.

Poppy then closed her eyes, and leaned it, and pecked his cheek ever so softly.

Branch kept his eyes closed, but he smiled. He was way more excited than just a small smile but, Poppy couldn't know that either.

He then opened his eyes and just looked at her,

"What was that for?" He asked while looking right into her magenta eyes, they were sparkling so bright.

"It's just to let you know that I care about you, and that you are amazing." Poppy said, her compliments made him blush,

'She cared about, him?' Branch thought.

"Ok Poppy your turn, close your eyes." Branch said, Poppy was getting excited.

"Ok Branch." She said and closed her eyes. She then felt something warm embrace her. She smiled silently and sunk into the embrace.

She then opened her eyes and looked into his light blue, icy eyes,

"What was that for? You never hug anyone." Poppy asked.

"Well, it's just to say thank you for caring about me, and that you are pretty ok too." Branch said and removed himself from the hug.

"Awh Branch! That's so sweet of you to say! It's almost like you love me or something, crazy am I right?" Poppy said, those words chattered him, not just his heart, but him.

He didn't reply, he just looked away,

"Crazy... right?" Poppy looked at him, but he looked away, trying to hide the tears forming in his eyes.

He wiped the tears and pulled on a fake smile,

"Look Poppy today was great but I really should get going-" Branch said, he really wanted to get the heck out of there, like right now before he had an emotional breakdown over a bunch of words.

"Branch, please stop, stay." Poppy said, she reached for his hand but he shook it off.

"Branch... Please stay, or at least tell me what's on your mind that's making you upset..." Poppy said, but Branch broke just then and there, he couldn't hold it in anymore.

"Poppy, it's you ok? I can't live with myself because everyday I think about you but I know it's not a possibility that we'll ever be together so I keep myself in a bunker and never go to your parties because I'm afraid you'll see me falling in love with you!" Branch screamed, tears running down his eyes,

"I, fell in love with, you." Branch said, he turned away and started walking.

Poppy just stood there, unable to think or do anything. Here she was, the guy who always shouted at her, tore up all her invitations and would never go to any of her parties fell in love with her, and the worst part was, she turned him down, when really, she loved him back.

She finally snapped back into reality, but Branch was quite far now, she started to run.

How could she let the guy who literally just confessed his feelings to her walk away?

She wasn't going to let him walk away, not like this.

She ran like her life depended on it, and when she reached him, she jumped on top of him, pinning him to the ground, Branch just started at her in shock. She was on top of him. She looked into his eyes and said,

"Don't you dare walk away from me. You are going to stay with me do you hear me?" Poppy said, he was in deep shock, unable to say anything but nod. He started tearing up.

"I don't want you to let me go. I, I love you too." Poppy said, she wiped his tears away but she too was tearing up.

"I won't let you go ok? I'll protect you." Branch said, and embraced her tightly. They stayed like that for a while, until they got up and walked hand in hand back to the village. Everyone was staring but they didn't care, they had each other, and that's all that mattered to them, not to Poppy, not to Branch, but to

Them.

~

Uhm yeah so there's the end of the 8th chapter hope you enjoyed ❤️ Make sure to comment some suggestions and I might take some (might) if I think they're good :3 Anyway enjoy your day!

~ ShootingCommets⭐️✨