Movie Night

Movie Night

________________________________

Third Person POV

________________________________

Today was a special day. Poppy couldn't contain her excitement! Her first trip that involved just her and Branch, alone. While they weren't a 'thing' yet, she still couldn't help but feel like this might be the night something sparks between them. Poppy had watched many movies in her lifetime, enough to teach her that a Movie Night with the guy you like, is bound to be the place where he makes his move on you. If he doesn't, I'm sorry sweety but it just wasn't meant to be. Although Poppy wasn't feeling that vibe, she had confidence in herself and just had that feeling like tonight was going to be the night.

She skipped merrily back to her pod to get ready, the movie wasn't going to be for a few hours but you know the routine; first, she has to spend 1 hour contemplating what to wear, another 2 hours at least when all her girl friends come over to fangirl about it (they all know about her secret crush on Branch) and then another 2 hours actually getting done and meeting up with Branch.

When she arrived at her pod, she wasted no time choosing an outfit. But there was just 1 teensy, weensy, problem... SHE HAD NOTHING TO WEAR! And while her closet was full, SHE STILL HAD NOTHING TO WEAR! Her first instinct was to dial up her 2 conjoined besties, Satin and Chenille. So she reached for her phone, and to her dismay...

0% battery power.

Shit

A girls absolute worse nightmare, their phone being dead before a date. She scrambled all over her room looking for her charger before jamming it into the plug and waiting for it to charge. Of course she couldn't just wait silently and still. Psh what do you think Poppy is, a calm and collected troll? So she dashed out of her pod and ran to Satin and Chenille's pod, slamming the door open. The conjoined sisters were quite shocked, but as soon as they saw it was their beloved friend, they smiled and new exactly what she needed.

"We're on it!" They cheered in sync before dashing to one of their cupboards and getting some material. The thing Poppy adored most about her best friends, is that they could cater to her every desire without even saying a word, better than any shop in the village could. And the best part was, they were free! I mean yeah Poppy also liked their personality and stuff but come on, who doesn't enjoy free clothes?

She watched hazily as the twins did their thing. She couldn't get her mind off the time, but she couldn't check because her phone was dead. You might think 5 hours is a lot, but you'd be surprised if you're in Poppy's situation. Her legs couldn't stop shaking, she hated the feeling of waiting, Poppy wasn't the most patient of trolls, you know. But she knew she had to let them do their thing if she wanted anything done.

Finally the outfit was complete. It was a green cropped top with a flower on it, and a pair of purple shorts to go with it. The twins knew their colours well, and knew exactly what went together and what was a, as they would call it, A Fashion Fail. She thanked them humbly before dashing out and running back to her pod. Her phone was on 20% at that time and decided to check the time.

4:20pm.

She had already wasted a goddamn hour, the fangirling had to be cut short, but she could make it. Poppy was rarely late, this was a trait she picked up from her royal blood. Royals were never late for anything. She ran to her bathroom and decided to run herself a bath with bubbles. A good bubble bath always calmed her down from a rush. She left the bath running thinking that it would be fine.

It was absolutely not fine.

She played around on her phone for around 10 minutes, replying to messages she couldn't get to, scrolling through her feed and all that jazz—oh no. THE BATH! She ran to the bathroom door and before she got to touch the doorknob, she felt something warm at her feet. . . Something wet.