Bring Her Back [1]

Chapter 11

HELL YEAH IM BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER! Thanks for sticking with me through my very long hiatus, but here's another chapter for y'all 💕
~

This takes place when Branch was Grey (sorry not sorry)

~

Branch's POV:

'No no and no.' Branch thought to himself, 'not today, not today-'

Today was a very stressful day for Branch, oh and you're probably wondering why and what this day is, it's the day of Poppy's HUGE PARTY! (It's in caps to emphasize the stress he's going through not the excitement he'll never have)

Branch was a nervous wreck, hug party means loud noises, and loud noises will attract,

BERGENS!

The same thing that killed his grand-

I'm trying not to upset Branch so for the safety of his dignity, I'm not going to continue that sentence.

But you get the point.

Branch started pacing up and down his bunker, he had tried many years before to stop Poppy, and she never listened to him, poor Branch was at his limit. He truly was worried about Poppy, even though he would never express it.

'Poppy is so irresponsible!' Branch continued to think to himself,
'What kind of queen would put her whole kingdom in danger-'

Just then he heard a knock on his rock known as a 'door' which was followed by a feminine high pitched voice.

'That one.' Branch thought to himself as he approached to the mat.

"Branch! Branch! Branch! Branch are you in there-" Poppy yelled while banging on his 'door', man did it hurt her knuckles, but anything for Branch.

"Poppy, why are you here?" Branch said with a cold stare.

"I just wanted to-" Poppy said as she was reaching into her hair, but Branch knew what was happening, and interrupted her,

"Yeah, and don't even 'think' about inviting me to that party you're having tonight, I am not getting myself killed today, but if you want to, be my guest."

She stopped pulling the scrap book invite out of her hair, looked at him and sighed,

"Fine," is all she said, she turned around and walked away.

Branch had finally done it. He finally got her to go away!

Branch should be celebrating, jumping up and down,

He wasn't.

As soon as she left, he felt alone. He didn't want to admit it, and never for a thousand years would he say it, but,

Everyday he looked forward to seeing her knock on his 'door'

Everyday he waited for those invitations,

and everyday he wanted to squeeze her tight in a hug and tell her he loved her and couldn't imagine a world without her in it.

But he kept those thoughts for his dreams, and those emotions for himself.

He'll just wait for tomorrow, she'll probably be back.

Hopefully.

His hopes weren't high enough.

~ The next day

Branch woke up to the sound of, absolutely nothing.

There was no singing, no loud noises, no buzzing around the kingdom. Nothing.

Branch didn't really care at first, he liked the silence, but then it started getting to him because if the WHOLE kingdom wasn't singing or dancing, something was wrong.

He jumped out of his mat after fixing himself up, (and by that I mean brushing his hair and putting on the same leaf vest and pants that he wears everyday)

He didn't want to draw a crowd Incase there were any people outside, it was very rare for him to leave to troll village, so when trolls did see him there, it would be surprising.

As soon as he got there, everyone was in chaos! How did he not hear them?

What happened while he was gone?

Just then the snack pack ran up to Branch, bombarding him with questions about... Poppy?

"Branch! Poppy has gone missing! H-have you seen her?" Suki explained, she was really upset, Poppy had gone missing.

Branch took a few moments to process this,

Poppy had gone missing

Poppy, was gone.

POPPY WAS GONE! All the alarms in his head started going off, and without thinking twice, he said it,

"I'll go find her, at any cost I will bring her back!"

There was a silence and a couple glances shared by the snack pack. Branch was confused, and then it got to him. And my God you would not believe how purple his face went at this moment.

"Branch, you are absolutely-" Satin started, and Chenille finished,

"ADORABLE!"

"I didn't mean it like that I-" Branch had messed up real bad.

"Just go already, who knows what could be happening to Poppy right now." Suki interrupted.

"I- Ok." Branch said and walked off. The snack pack knew exactly what happened to Poppy, and they knew that Branch May or may not have feelings for Poppy, they shipped em.

It was because of Branch she left, and it will be because of Branch she is brought back,

back and better than ever.

~

To be continued...

~

Let's just say I may or may not have done some foreshadowing with my reappearance back on Wattpad... 😂 But it's great to be back 💕

~ ShootingCommets✨⭐️