Friendzoned

This is a spin-off of the previous chapter so this is still when Branch was grey, ENJOY!

~

Readers POV

The next day in Troll village it was pretty warm. It was warm but with a bit of chilliness. Not as cold as yesterday, but everyone was having a great time in the little bit of warmness they got in the winter. Everyone was doing great. Except for 1 stubborn troll, do I even have to give anymore hints?

Poppy.

She didn't get her crap together in time, oh lord.

Poppy woke up with a scratchy feeling in her throat, her hair was super messy and there were bags under her eyes. Her nose was blocked and sniffed every 5 seconds

Yep, it's happening.

Poppy was sick, you know what that means. But, Poppy didn't want to believe it, need I remind you for the 100th time, she was stubborn as frik. So she just went outside after brushing her hair and washing her face at least 100 times.

Then she started singing, her voice cracking every second line.

'Looking up at a sunny sky,
So shiny and blUe
And there's a butterfly
Well isn't thAt a super fantastic sign-'

Poppy was now sitting on a branch in a tall tree. But she soon started feeling faint,

'It's gonna be a f-fant-tactic dayhhh-'

And then she fainted, sending her falling off the branch.

Suddenly black hair wrapped around waist, just before reaching the ground, and the hair pulled her up.

"Poppy are you ok?" Branch asked, but got nothing but a soft sigh. She was out cold.

Branch then started walking towards his bunker, carrying her bridal style. He walked away from the village so no one would think he hurt her, it looked kinda suspicious to an eye of a foolish little troll.

Once he reached his bunker, he had to open his mat with his foot because he was carrying Poppy.

He finally got the mat open and jumped in. He checked to see if she woke up, but still out cold.

He went into his living room, placed her onto his couch and wrapped her in a blanket. He placed the back of his grey/turquoise hand on her forehead.

'Yep, definitely a fever' Branch thought. 'Exactly what I told her not to get.'

Yeah Poppy was definitely quite ignorant too when it came to doing what she wants.

Poppy woke up, and she was no longer on a tree branch. She was in,

'Branch's bunker?' Poppy thought, 'how did I get here?'

Then Branch walked in,

"Oh hey princess how ya feeling?" Branch asked, he held a mug in his hand with steam coming out of the liquid inside.

"Uhm, bef-before I answer that question, h-how did I get, here?" Poppy asked.

"Well, you started singing, sat on a branch and fainted. Then I saved you from falling to your death and now you're here. You've got a fever and you're not going back out there until you're fully healed, no singing until you're better." Branch said. Poppy whined. But she loved how he was acting around her. He was making sure she was alright, and that made her feel fluttery inside.

"But I love to sing! And dance and a-and-dah ah-ah CHOOOOO."
Poppy sneezed and fell off the couch.

"No singing and dancing for you today and that's final." Branch said.