Would you be so kind?

Would you be so kind? – Trolls Oneshot

Written by ShootingCommets

~

When it came to song and dance numbers, it never had to be planned. Every troll miraculously knew exactly what to do and when to do it. (Some would say it's a magical power trolls have) Not only that, but the numbers didn't particularly ever have any meaning, so it was never used as something sentimental as it was done basically all the time. Queen Poppy on the other hand, was determined to do one for her crush since 5 years. It had to be perfect. It had to be fun and bubbly, but sentimental and not all in his face. She knew he was never particularly into them, although he joined in on some occasions. (Only after Poppy spent like 20 minutes nagging and begging and pleading and even then sometimes he wouldn't budge) If you haven't caught on yet, her crush is Branch. Despite him being blue now, he still kept some of his characteristics—most, he kept most.

Poppy was great at helping her friends when it came to these types of things; she helped Suki a lot with writing songs and recording tracks. Guy Diamond loves dancing as well, and sometimes he'd ask her to help him with some moves. One day she was helping the 2 separately and a bit later after that she found out they were trying to do something for each other secretly. Poppy helped with that too, getting the setting right and making sure everything co-ordinated. And might she say, everything went great; they're 4 months together, going strong!

But now—now that she was the one doing something for the troll she likes, it was totally different. Every idea that came to her mind now was just all—bad. Nothing seemed to peak her fancy. But she also wanted all of this to be her own, as in--she seeks help from nobody, no advice, nothing. And yes, that might sound quite silly, but that's what Poppy wanted.

She had been planning this for a few days; taking a lot of her hanging out and partying time away from her. Even her sleep hours were depleting. Her absence from the majority of the village parties—and just the village in general, was starting to seep through into every troll's attention, including her friends and Branch. Branch never really went to those things, but he had barely seen her anywhere for a few days--Maybe glimpses of her in the crowd but then—gone. This task had been taking up the majority of her time, and it didn't take long before she began to get quite seemingly frustrated with herself, and soon everything. She felt like she was going full blown mad.

Today was the day she decided to go outside, maybe she'd be inspired by something. She didn't care if she looked like a wreck; bags under her eyes, hair ruffled or no, she was going outside. Sure, maybe the whole village would stare her down and maybe question her well-being, screw that. Although the one thing she wished would've occurred to her before she left was the fact that Branch lives in that exact village she was about to walk out into looking like a wreck. She hadn't had much light for so long; only artificial light mostly, she hadn't even noticed her skin had begun to fade.

She walked outside; the sunlight so bright she squeezed her eyes shut. It hurt so much to look around even her eyes began watering. She opened her eyes again and everything was quite blurred, she walked on anyways. She had been unaware however of a certain blue troll walking toward her pod at that exact moment to check on her.

She noticed a silhouette approaching her; she rubbed her eyes again; still stinging with tears. Her vision began clearing and noticed a rather worried expression on his face—a blue troll. Before he could get any closer to her, she turned around and began running. Where to? She was unsure—so was Branch. She ran and ran, Branch tailing behind her, bellowing her name. Due to the lack of energy she had, she could only run for so long before her knees gave in and buckled. She collapsed to the ground; heaving and huffing, trying to catch her breath. It didn't take her long to remember that she hadn't slept in 3 days; surviving on only caffeine. She couldn't see straight as she stared at the grass beneath her. She heard the grass crunch behind her, too close to her.