Nightmares Go Away

This takes place when Branch was blue (AKA Hot Branch 😏😂)

Enjoy!
~
Chapter 12
______________________________________

Third Person POV

~

'What is my purpose?' Branch thought to himself. He was lying backside on bed while staring at the ceiling to his new pod. He couldn't sleep that night, maybe he was homesick? More like bunker sick.

Branch could've only dreamed of leaving his bunker; although his bunker was much more spacious and could store more things, he had too much space for himself alone and the stuff he once needed to store well, he didn't need anymore. He was sick of living alone, completely isolated from the village and those who inherited it.

But in all fairness, the majority of trolls inheriting that place didn't want him there anyway, so there was no reason for Branch to get a pod.

King Peppy had come several times on numerous occasions to his bunker before, to try and convince him to come stay in the village with the rest of the trolls, but King Peppy was completely oblivious to what the other trolls were saying about Branch. And every time King Peppy came he would always get the same answer,

No.

And a door slammed in his face.

And then Branch would stress for the rest of the day realizing how disrespectful he behaved towards the king, but he would never learn and keep repeating those actions every time he came.

Another reason why Branch never wanted to move into a pod was because, well his Grandma had a pod and, that's where she was, was taken.

"Aaaaand that thought is over now I'm getting up now." Branch said, a bit louder than he was expecting to. He clearly couldn't sleep, so he decided to get a warm cup of milk because I mean come on, who doesn't like a nice warm cup of milk before bed? (Unless you're lactose intolerant or allergic to milk)

While Branch was getting some milk to drink he looked over at his clock hanging just above the fridge,

2:30am.

Geez it was late- or was it early..?AGH I DON'T KNOW IM TIRED OK?

He was starting to get a bit scared that he was the only one awake, and that sense of loneliness he once felt at his bunker started to come back. Usually there would be a party going on but, tonight it was dead silent. He couldn't tell what _scared_ him more; the fact that there was no party going on or the fact that it was silent. Was Poppy asleep too?

Suddenly Branch heard a knock on his pod's door, followed by a high pitch voice calling his name,

'Speak of the devil.' Branch thought to himself as he went to the door to answer it.

As he opened the door, he saw a terrified Poppy standing in his doorway. His heart shattered into a million pieces.

"Poppy what's wrong? And, why are you still awake?" Branch questioned, quite concerned.

"I had a, nightmare, it's the first nightmare I've had before and- and I don't know what to do! I'm really sc-scared." Poppy started to tremor, almost falling as her knees weakened.

Branch quickly put his hands underneath Poppy's arms to stop her from falling over.

"Woah Poppy, take it easy. Don't worry I'm right here." Branch soothed and hugged her tightly before inviting her inside.

Branch switched on a small little lamp next to the bed he once lay on and sat Poppy down on his bed.

"Do you want to, talk, about your nightmare?" Branch questioned but quickly tried to defend,