Chapter 21

Flora POV

"It worked!" Roxy smiles brightly.

"Are you sure?" I ask, hesitantly looking around. We were on what seemed like a long road, with mountains all around and a few cars passing by from time to time. Has the teleportation device actually worked? Where are we?

"Uh- I don't know-" Roxy replies hesitantly, looking around again. We could see the outlines of things in the distance, but they looked far away.

"You're not telling me we're stuck here?" Stella huffs.

"Okay, let's just walk in that direction, it seems to be the direction most cars are travelling in and there's a little path here along the side of the road. We can't be too far away from Gardenia, Bloom or Roxy will let us know if they see anything they recognise," Aisha suggests, seemingly calming Stella down.

We then begin to walk, a few of us linking arms. We distract each other by talking - it was a long walk and we were only used to walking for a little bit. We could still do it, obviously, but we much preferred and were much more used to flying.

We continue to walk and walk until we reach a small building with a few cars parked outside. Roxy sighs in relief, "it's a gas station!"

"A what?" Most of us, except Bloom, ask in confusion.

"It's like a small shop in the middle of a long road so that people can buy things and get fuel for their cars. It's a good place for us to take a little break and get some food, we have been walking for a while," Roxy explains.

"How come we've never seen one of these before?" Musa asks.

"Well, we don't really drive anymore and when we did we used magic to keep our cars permanently going, remember?" Bloom asks and we nod, "also, most of these stations are around the outsides of town as there isn't really much room for them inside with all the businesses."

We enter the station, and it was surprisingly big and clean. There was what seemed to be a little café area and shelves were filled with supplies. There were a few friendly workers walking around who greeted us. This was much different that I had originally imagined. Roxy had told us "ghost stories" a while ago when she came to visit and all of them originated from Earth, about "abandoned buildings" and such and I still hadn't fully recovered, so anywhere I wasn't sure of on Earth sent off alarm bells in my head. This place seemed to be very nice, though.

Roxy and Bloom went to talk to the woman behind the desk to see where we were, while the rest of us sat at the little café tables. They came back soon, smiling.

"We're not a long walk away, Gardenia is just a little bit further. It was probably good that we teleported far away 'cause we wouldn't want anyone to see us and know who we are. We can't be recognised, but if that was seen we probably would be found out," Bloom says and Roxy nods.

"Okay, well let's take a break here for a little while," I motion the other two girls to sit down. We rest, get some food to eat as we all realised we hadn't eaten in hours, and then get ready to walk to Gardenia which apparently wasn't too far away.

After a while, I squint my eyes to see a Gardenia sign which I point out to the girls. It's not long before we're walking between the tall buildings. Roxy realises that we are on the other side of town, so we find a park with a few benches and sit down. We were all exhausted.

After a few minutes I got up again, walking up the small path of the park. I sat on the grass, putting my hands on the ground and closing my eyes. I couldn't use my powers, but I still could make a connection with the nature around me. It wasn't as clear as I would have liked, but it was enough. I missed Linphea. I missed home. I hadn't been in touch with my powers as much as I would have liked lately due to everything that's happened.

I reached out to touch a flower nearby, but gasp when it suddenly wilts and dies.

I quickly stand up and stare at my hands, frowning. What was that? How-

"Flora? You okay?" I hear Musa call from behind me.

I turn around, forcing a smile, "yeah! I'll be over in a minute!"

Staring at my hands again, I rub them on my legs quickly before turning around and walking back over to the girls, it's fine, it was nothing.

Roxy directs us to a "bus station" where Roxy pays for us to get a bus to where we need to be. We had never really used the public buses before, and when we did I never really paid attention, so it was up to Roxy and Bloom to direct us across town and tell us when to get off.

We get off the bus. I was still a little cautious with people in the public seeing us but soon realised that we definitely couldn't be recognised. We could still technically be seen and interact with the public, but just are not recognised for who we are - the Winx.

We all decide to stay together for our own safety and so that none of us are alone, so Bloom offers for us to all stay at her and Sky's house. We all run back to our own homes, Roxy does not as her dad mustn't know she's here, but we all offer her anything she needs.

I reach into my coat pockets, pulling out a few things before finding my keys. I unlock the door and turn off the security system, sighing at the cold, dark house. Helia and I had moved most of our things here, so it was nice to be back, but it didn't feel the same. I grabbed a bag and filled it with some essentials, I can always come back if I need anything else so I'll not take too much.

I have a quick look through Helia's stuff and find a small knife. It folded away into a small container so it was safe to have in my pocket. Can never be too careful, I suppose. I quickly shoved it into my back pocket and left the house, setting up the security system and locking the door behind me.

When we all arrive back at Bloom's she has set up a little "movie area" with pillows and blankets, snacks and candles - which she had to light with matches, much to her annoyance - and the girls and I put our bags in the spare room upstairs.

As we all watch a movie, I feel my eyes beginning to close themselves.

As I fall asleep, I cannot help but worry and think of all of the people in Magix in hiding. The Specialists. How will we stay hidden?