Chapter 16

Aisha POV

Timmy advised us to go into the portal one at a time, and I had volunteered to go first. I stepped in and the door closed behind me. I took a deep breath before standing in the middle of the- what would you call this? A teleporter?

Timmy gave me some instructions, but I barely paid any attention to them as I was beginning to feel quite nervous, but I was more fired up and desperate just to get into Omega. We had been given our small headsets to be able to communicate. My feet hovered slightly above the ground and butterflies flew through my chest. A loud noise made me jump, and I then opened my eyes. There was a clear exit and I pulled the handle to open the door. It took a few tries before it finally swung open.

I could feel the shift in temperature but my magic and a little of Bloom's Dragon Flame protected me from the cold. I looked around, Omega looked similar but very different at the same time.

"Aisha? Are you there?" Timmy's voice rings through my ears with a slightly nervous tone.

"I'm in. Everything seems to be working normal, I'm not too cold and I can fly and walk around fine," I tell him.

"Okay, we'll send the rest of the girls in. Hang tight," I hear a beep as Timmy presumably turns off his microphone.

I wait a little while and the rest of the girls, one by one, start to come through the portal. The last one to come through, as expected, is Stella.

She comes stumbling out of the tube, dramatically flailing her arms around, "never- ever- again!"

"Oh come on Stella, it wasn't that bad," Bloom helps her out and tries to stop herself from laughing.

"I don't want to talk about it! I feel dizzy-" she stumbles a little and we all giggle at her dramatics.

Roxy, who insisted to come with us, was looking around with wide eyes, "I can't believe you've all been here before! This is amazing! Well, not amazing, but you know what I mean. I can't believe this place actually exists."

"Yeah, in a strange way this place is kind of beautiful," Flora nods, "it's not very nature-y but all the shiny ice is kind of magical-looking."

"Okay, come on, let's go!" I tell the girls and they follow. Timmy gives us directions toward the base where someone was supposed to be inside, but seeing what happened no one is there so the seven of us have to activate it ourselves so that we are able to see it and head inside.

We eventually reach the "ice circle" as Timmy called it and took our small glowing red sticks. There were ten sticks in total, so some of us had two.

"Okay, there should be little outlines of stars on the walls. They should be glowing red like your sticks. To be able to see them, you'll need to put on the glasses we gave you before you left," he tells us.

We each reach into our pockets and pull out the glasses we were given. Immediately I notice ten red glowing stars on the walls of the ice cave.

"Now just place the rods in front of the stars and go back and stand at the entrance," Timmy instructs us.

It was a very complicated system to get into the base without someone activating it from the inside, but it was all for security reasons seeing as Omega was a prison. We do as instructed and stand near the entrance of the cave.

After a few moments the base begins to appear and the door magically swings open. Timmy tells us to go in and we do, I close the door behind us. The room was much warmer and it was relieving to be in.

"We can revive our magic a little bit in here so we're ready," Bloom suggests and we agree, it would be a good idea for us to take a quick break in the comfort of the base to prepare ourselves.

We took a look around, and Tecna was trying to turn on the controls. Her and Timmy spoke for a while to enable Tecna to use it and teleport us to the prison system. There were no workers to help us but Timmy was able to guide Tecna through the controls, although she probably could have figured it out on her own.

Following Timmy's instructions, she presses the appropriate buttons and types in a few codes, but the rest of us zoned out for the majority of the time because we didn't really understand what was going on.

"Okay, I've got it!" Tecna exclaims excitedly, snapping me out of my daydream. I swing my legs back and stand up, desperate to get to the prison.

"Alright, now all of you turn on your cameras if you haven't already so we can see what you're seeing," Timmy tells us and we all turn on the cameras on our heads, "okay, I can see you all. Now, remember, as soon as you get in you're gonna need to move slowly and carefully. Anything goes wrong, any signs of trouble you teleport back here right away. Even if you're not completely sure, do it right away, we're not taking any risks!"

We all agree, eager to get inside the prison. Tecna manages to teleport us in with ease.

"We're in," I tell Timmy.

"Alright, you're free to have a look around. But be careful," he warns once again. We move slowly at first, the dark atmosphere of the place was starting to get really creepy.

We did as advised, but I began to feel a sharp pain in my head as we went further and further down the hall. I could tell the others felt it too and it continued to get worse as went further and further.

"What's going on?" Timmy asks, hearing us in distress.

"I-I don't-" I began, but couldn't form a proper sentence. It was getting worse.

"Girls-" Bloom tries to get our attention, "-we have to-"

A loud, high pitched noise causes all to scream, covering our ears. Timmy tries to communicate with us but it seems to make the noise louder and louder until-

It suddenly stops.