Chapter 5

Helia POV

"Of course they leave it down to us," Riven grumbles as we make our way back to the training area.

"Well, everyone with magic can't do it so why not? Besides, I thought you enjoyed the action," Nabu laughs and elbows Riven playfully.

"Hey Nabu, don't you have magic? Wouldn't this affect you too?" Riven asks him.

"No, my magic is only in my staff, not in me. So this whole thing doesn't hurt me. I don't draw my magic from the elements, I get it from my staff, which heals its own magic over time," Nabu explains.

"We want to make sure that all evil is under control in the Magic Dimension, Wizards or not," Sky says, changing the topic, "they could be the source of the problem so we need to keep our guard up at all times. Although it's unlikely it's our job to make sure, while magic is weakened, that the Magic Dimension is safe. We'd be idiots not to suspect them. That's what got the Winx in trouble in the first place, and we're not going to make that mistake."

"Miss Faragonda said that the magic is being extracted, right?" Brandon asks and we nod, "what if the Wizards are extracting the magic from their cell?"

Timmy shakes his head, "the magic in their cell isn't dark magic, they wouldn't be able to use it as strength. It would need to be converted to dark magic for them to be able to use it which they couldn't do."

"Well, whatever it is, it's our job to make sure everything is under control before initiating panic," I tell them.

"So, what exactly is it we're gonna do?" Nabu asks as we sit down on the benches at the training area.

Timmy opens his laptop, "well, as we know they've been imprisoned in the Omega Dimension. A huge prison containing some of the most evil beings in existence."

"Didn't they reconstruct Omega?" Sky interrupts.

"Yes," Timmy nods, and a map of the prison appears on the screen.

"How do you have this Timmy? Isn't this classified information that only certain people can have a hold of?" Brandon asks.

"I have my connections," Timmy laughs, "anyway, yeah, they didn't reconstruct it exactly but lots of improvements were made to make sure Omega was secure. It's more secure than ever. With the added layers of ice around the prisoners which are magically designed to gradually weaken its victim and an organised system with monitored video surveillance it's just- brilliant!"

"Yeah, yeah Timmy we get it," Riven rolls his eyes.

"Anyway," Timmy pushes up his glasses, ignoring Riven's previous comment, "they made special suits that mean we can go to Omega without being frozen!"

"Woah-" we all gasp at the same time.

"But wouldn't we need to organise a ship to drop us in? How would we get in without literally falling in and the ship freezing?" Nabu asks.

"Well, to put it simply, they created a big magical teleportation device that takes us to Omega, and the suits stop us from freezing. They have wristband that can instantly teleport you back to safety if needs be, but as I said, Omega is safer than ever now so we likely won't need it," Timmy chuckles.

"Timmy, how do you know this?" I ask, confused as to how Timmy knew so much about such a protected prison.

"I spoke to Saladin while you were all training," Timmy shrugs, "he seems to trust us enough. Anyway, he told me that he and other important figures in the Magic Dimension have authorised access, within reason, to visit Omega. This is as urgent a matter as any, and Saladin has informed the security that we are authorised, and we will be able to have a look around."

"Wait- don't tell me we're a actually going into Omega?" Riven asks, although his face looks excited.

"Well, why not?" Brandon smirks, "besides, we clearly have access and since we played a huge role in taking down the Wizards. Everyone with magic is sick and if I say so myself we're the best of the best here at Red Fountain."

The rest of us laugh, but agree. Sky nods, "yes, but we'll need to get back into the rhythm of things."

"What does that mean?" Nabu laughs at Sky's unusual comment.

"It means we need to start training."

"We already train! We moved here to train!" Brandon shakes his head.

"Well, we need to train more," Sky motions his hands around the training area, "we'll still go to Omega, but after that we really need to step up. The Magic Dimension could be in danger, and right now it looks like it's up to us to protect it and it's people. We must be ready for anything and everything!"

"Okay, so we train, but what else?" Nabu asks, "we can't just train all day, but we also need to develop more skills and improve other things."

"We could upgrade our weapons," I suggest, "Saladin and the other teachers would probably offer to help, too. I think it's about time we got new ones and they'd surely help us out."

"Yes," Timmy nods, "and I will get a full map of Omega. I will contact the security and find out the best places to go and escape routes if needs be. I'll make sure we don't get lost."

"Good," Sky nods, "on top of all that, we can go to the teachers for help. They'll know how to get us to work to our best abilities."

"We should contact the girls, too," Brandon suggests, "they could give us more information on everything that's going on that could really help us. I'm sure they'll be eager to talk to us, too."

We all agree with Brandon and Timmy quickly speaks, "well, I could actually arrange that right now. Tecna's online-" he types on his computer, and magically the girls' faces appear in front of us.

We don't tell them about Omega, but we make sure to casually ask about their trip to Pixie Village and get all the information necessary for our mission.