Chapter 8

Musa POV

I sat in Tecna and I's shared room at Alfea, playing the flute while she sat on her computer, I kind of missed this, I thought. The beds were at different walls, but it still felt like old times. We asked Miss Faragonda that we have our rooms as similar to our previous ones as possible. Although these were only temporary, of course.

Later, we find ourselves once again in Miss Faragonda's office. She had kept the extra chairs in front of her desk seeing as we visited so often.

"Any updates on Pixie Village?" I ask.

"Nothing we should be too concerned about," Miss Faragonda shakes her head, "all seems to be well. The Pixies haven't gotten much better but they don't seem to be getting worse either. It's a very safe place for them to be, seeing as it's so hidden. At the moment, Pixie Village is probably safer than here."

"Then we should probably let the pixies go back," I suggest and the girls agree, "they've been asking to go back for a while but we weren't sure if we should let them."

"Of course they can go back!" The Headmistress smiles kindly, "it still is safe here but if they want to back then they certainly can. I've visited a few times myself to check on everything and they seem to have it all under control. You girls may take them if you like."

We all excitedly rush to the magic archive to get our little friends. We open the secret door and see them all running- well, flying- around, knocking over a few books in the process. Concorda, the small blue pixie who seems to be in charge of the archive, is chasing them, trying to catch the falling books.

"What is going on?" I mutter to the other girls who simply stare at the chaos.

"Need any help, Concorda?" Bloom calls, and the pixies finally notice us.

Concorda flies down towards us, brushing off her outfit, "no, no, thank you I have it all under control," she then turns her voice to a whisper, "it isn't easy looking after young pixies, you know."

Stella giggles, "well, you don't have to worry about that anymore. We're here to bring them back to Pixie Village."

She nods in understanding, "I see, well, come on you lot before-"

"We're going back to Pixie Village?"

Before she can finish her sentence, six little figures come zooming down, asking a million questions at once.

"Yes, we're taking you back!" Stella squeals excitedly, pulling Amore into a gentle hug.

"I can't wait to go home!" Chatta squeals, jumping from Flora's shoulder to the other excitedly. The nature fairy giggles at her actions.

"Well, are you excited?" I ask my pixie, Tune, and she nods.

"It has been quite the adventure, but it's a relief to know we'll be going back. Of course, you girls are very very important to us but we've just not been back in a very long time," she frowns.

"I understand," I nod, "well, come on then. Let's get you all back to the village already."

We make our way to Pixie Village, led by the very excited pixies. I felt guilty seeing them, we had been keeping them at Alfea for so long and we didn't realise how much they wanted to go back. The girls and I agreed we wouldn't risk their safety, not for a while. They have been to the village a few times but it wasn't like this.

We were finally giving them the freedom to choose. I felt bad we had kept them for so long, but it was for the best. We all knew that.

"Ninfea!" The Pixies call, causing the small blue leader to turn around and smile brightly.

They all rush up and hug her individually, and she laughs, "oh, hello, hello, it's great to have you all back with us."

Soon enough, most of the pixies from the village join us in the centre, creating a small crowd. A thousand little voices were greeting each other at once, it was hard to keep up with it all.

"It's about time you brought them back. I really thought they would be staying with you," Ninfea jokes, "but I understand why you wanted to do it. I can assure you that they will be as safe as ever with me. I also have Miss Faragonda's contact information for emergencies, so it should be alright."

"Don't worry, we know you'll all be fine," Bloom tells her and we all nod, "we will definitely come and visit."

"Wait, you're leaving us?" Lockette overhears the conversation and flies over, frowning.

We had agreed that although the pixies were safe at Alfea, they'd likely want to come with us on - if any- missions and we all knew that was far too dangerous. If this really was a serious threat, we had to make sure everything was organised and as many people as possible were safe. All teachers at Alfea were alert.

Ninfea was too, although she didn't tell the other pixies. Pixie Village was their safe haven, and if they thought otherwise it could cause a panic, and we really didn't need that from the pixies.

Of course, this was just all precaution.

"Yes, Lockette, I thought you all loved it here?" Bloom asks her sad pixie.

"Yes, but only for a little while. It's hard to be away from you," she shakes her head. Lockette was right, the magical bond between us and our pixies was strong as ever. That's why they come almost everywhere with us.

Bloom gives her a hug, "don't worry, you'll be fine. We'll come back as soon as we can," the other pixies see our sad expressions and come back over.

"What's going on?" Amore asks nervously.

We explain the situations to the pixies, and even though they really don't want us to leave, we eventually convince them to stay. We say our goodbyes and make our way back through the forest towards Alfea.

"I feel bad leaving them. I miss Amore already," Stella huffs.

"Don't worry," Aisha pats her back lightly, "we'll see them soon."