Chapter 12

Stella POV

"Is this it?" I ask, leaning over Tecna's shoulder to look at the picture of "Alana's" house.

"Should be," she nods, slowly pulling her shoulder away. We all stare at the house, and then at each other.

"Well-?" I raise my eyebrows and look at the others.

"I guess we're going in," Bloom is the first to approach the house and we all follow. She looks to us before pressing the doorbell.

After a few moments of no answer, she presses is again, "maybe no one is home?"

We wait a while more and no one answers the door. I step away from the front door and onto the grass on the front-garden and peek into the window.

"Stella!" Aisha hisses, clearly panicking at my actions.

"Don't worry," I tell her, my breath fogging up on the window causing me to stand on my toes to see in. The other girls curiously joined me at the window.

"It doesn't look like anyone's home," Flora says, pulling away from the window.

"Hmm-" I peer in through the small window in the front door, "they have an alarm system so we wouldn't be able to get in."

"Stella! We're not breaking in!" Bloom scolds.

"What if we use our magic?" I suggest and the girls frown, "hey, think about it! We could use magic, sneak in, and find out more about this girl. If she really is some evil being she's not going to just reveal herself to us so why not take this into our own hands?"

They all pause before looking at each other. Aisha shrugs, "she is right, but if anyone comes back here we could be in a lot of trouble."

"Oh, relax," I snap my fingers and the front door swings open and the Winx gasp. Now you don't have a choice, I think, smirking.

"Stella!" They all call after me as I walk into the house, clearly all panicking. I use my magic to hopefully turn off the house alarm. I wait a few moments, no alarm. It worked!

"Wait-"

There was nothing in the house. Nothing. No kitchen, or sofas, or TV, just- nothing. Why didn't we pay attention to this when we looked through the window?

"This can't be the right place," I shake my head, "there's a house alarm!"

I hesitantly walked down the hall and slowly used my foot to open the door at the end of the hallway. A few empty boxes were scattered across the floor.

"Looks like whoever lives here moved out," Bloom suggests as we all stand in the kitchen area.

"In a hurry," Musa adds.

"Well what now?" I sit down on one of the stools.

"Stella! Don't sit on that!" Musa pulls me up off the chair quickly.

"It's just a chair," I shrug.

"We don't want anyone to know we were here," Bloom takes a quick walk around the kitchen and opens a few cabinets with her feet so to "not get fingerprints on anything."

"Ahem."

We all freeze and turn her heads towards the front door. A tall man wearing a suit stood in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Can I help you?" He asks sarcastically.

"Uh-" we look at each other worriedly.

Before the man can speak again, Bloom shoots her hand out in his direction and a trail of magic leaves her hand. He stops, standing still for a few minutes with his eyes closed.

"What did you do?" Aisha whispers.

The man suddenly opens his eyes and surprisingly smiled at us, "how can I help you all today?" He asks sincerely with a newfound wide smile.

"Uh- does a girl named Alana live here?" Flora asks.

"No, I'm sorry, but the owners of this house just last night put this house up for sale. They seemed to be in a hurry to leave, but they insisted that our agency take over and sell the house for them," he explains, the rest of us still shocked by his quick change of heart. We had all prepared to run away as fast as possible, but now it seemed we could relax.

"Did they mention why?" Tecna asks.

"Uh-" he pauses, staring into space for a few moments, "-I'm afraid I'm not sure. Please, come back anytime if you need anything else," he smiles and leaves the house, with us still in it.

"Woah-" I raise my eyebrows, "that was impressive, Bloom."

"Something's definitely wrong here, though," Aisha looks around, "it was only last night that Roxy was here with that girl, and she didn't mention anything about them moving house. Who could move house that quickly?"

"And that house agent guy couldn't remember anything," Bloom adds, "that's really weird."

"There's no point in us tracking down the girl, if they've moved they're probably long gone by now and if the agent doesn't know there's no point chasing everyone for this information," Musa sighs.

"But they've clearly ran away! I knew she was a witch! We need to chase her!" I insist.

"Stella, Musa's right, there's no point. We'll keep on the lookout and let Roxy and Miss Faragonda know when we get back to Alfea. I'd probably suggest that the teachers put up the magical barrier again, for everyone's safety," Bloom says.

"Okay-" I sigh.

"Let's go back to Alfea, then," Aisha motions us all out of the abandoned house.

Well that didn't work at all. How can someone move out that fast? Roxy said to Miss Faragonda she had an older sister that drove her home who seemed pretty normal, too. Also that house agent, I know Bloom put a spell on him but he was still really weird. He couldn't even remember anything about the people in the house!

We finally return back to Alfea after a seemingly long flight on a Red Fountain ship.

"No one at all?" Miss Faragonda asks, surprised, leaning forward in her chair.

I shake my head, "no one apart from this weird house agent guy that was probably going to get us arrested until Bloom put a spell on him."

Miss Faragonda just advised us to stay at Alfea for the meantime, including Roxy, and that she'd look into it.

"I just can't believe it," Roxy sits on the chair across from the Headmistress and sighs, "I helped that girl for nothing."

"You did the right thing, Roxy," Miss Faragonda nods, "I'll look into it. You girls relax and enjoy your time off for now."

It was now starting to get dark outside. Roxy had slept all day, so she now was bursting with energy and wanted to go for a quiet walk around the campus outside.

We went for a walk in the dark and talked, enjoying the calm and peaceful atmosphere. Even thought something strange happened, we all felt relaxed.