Chapter 18

Flora POV

"What? What is it?" I ask her, but Roxy just shakes her head and urgently tells us to follow her.

"Magic Winx!"

We all transform and speedily fly after Roxy, who is also transformed. We could tell there was some sort of danger, fairies never just flew around in fairy form, unless there was some sort of special class. Or if there was danger.

We exit the doors and land outside. Another large bang sends the rest of us flying backwards, through the open doors and hitting against the wall.

I looked up to see a huge hole in the ground and some of the school walls had huge holes and were beginning to crumble. Two unfamiliar fairies landed on the ground, but they looked different. I squinted my eyes to see properly, and sure enough their eyes were pitch black.

"What are those fairies doing?" I mutter under my breath, "look at their eyes!"

"Where's Miss Faragonda?" Roxy asks.

"We don't know," Bloom shakes her head, "she went to meet up with the other teachers to put up the magic barriers."

"We need to find her! I'm going to check her office," the Animal Fairy tells us and we nod.

We quickly fly back outside and have a look around. There were many fairies shooting spells at the school.

"We need to stop them!"

The girls and I split up in a desperate attempt to stop the destructive fairies. As I got higher into the sky, I noticed there were more fairies than we had realised, all surrounding the school mindlessly throwing spells.

I felt something hit my cheek. Then my forehead. I looked up into the sky, and dark clouds were quickly moving above the school. The rain began to fall fast, but the magical barrier above eventually stopped it, and everything inside was protected from it.

There must be dark magic in the rain.

Wizards.

"Stop!"

I turn my attention back to the school where the girls were trying to stop the fairies. We couldn't hurt them too much, but we had to stop them at whatever cost.

My hands shoot towards the ground, and vines emerge from the soil. The slight shower of rain helped my magic from the ground, even though it was technically dark rain, and I used my vines to restrain some of the fairies, repeating this a few times.

"Where is Miss Faragonda?" I call to Aisha who lands next to me.

"I don't know, but this is taking too long," she shakes her head, "they're going to destroy the school!"

"Yeah," I agree, "Roxy's disappeared too. I'm worried she's turned into one of them. We should find her and make sure she's alright. The other Winx can deal with it out here."

"Okay," Aisha nods and we fly back into the school.

"Roxy?" I call.

The halls were completely silent and all the lights had been cut. The only light was the lightning strikes attacking the dome-shaped barrier around us. I was worried it wasn't going to hold up.

"Roxy?" I repeat.

"Come on, let's check Miss Faragonda's office," Aisha says and I follow her. It was probably not the best idea to split up right now. I was constantly aware of the lightning strikes outside and the muffled sound of thunder.

It was honestly like something out of a horror movie. The dark halls, thunder and lightning, bangs and crashes from the fairies outside, and the absence of our Headmistress was eerily unusual.

"Miss Faragonda?" Aisha and I swing open her office doors. The office was empty and lots of books had fallen over, likely from the impact of the fairies attacking the school. The chairs were also toppled over.

"Let's go, we need to find her," I tell Aisha and we run out of the office, not bothering to close the doors.

"Roxy!" I gasp as the Animal Fairy lands in front of us. Her eyes were dark.

"Snap out of it!" Aisha flies towards her but Roxy quickly jumps out of the way.

"Grab her!" I shout to Aisha, who helps me in trying to catch Roxy. She jumps out of the way once again and makes an escape.

Aisha and I chase her, but Roxy fires her magic into the ceiling and it falls onto the ground, creating a force that pushes us backwards. A pile of rubble and smoke emerges from the destruction.

"Okay, split up. Find her and use your magic to heal her, it should be enough for just one person. We need Roxy's help with this!" I say and Aisha nods, maybe it is time to split up. Aisha and I could probably catch her individually if we're smart.

We go separate ways. I turn back and go back around the way we came, trying to find another exit to get back outside, where I assumed Roxy was headed. The hits to the school were decreasing, but every hit still made me jump. I was afraid the school was going to crumble at any moment.

"Roxy!"

I stop, heading towards the sound of the voice, finding my way back to the original exit where we had first found the fairies.

Bloom and Stella were chasing Roxy, firing spells that didn't quite hit her but were assumably just to scare her or slow her down. We were not going to hurt her, of course, nor any of the other fairies.

It was a long back and forth, with Roxy attacking, defending and ducking out of the way faster than we had expected. I was actually getting dizzy.

"Who's bright idea was it to teach her to be so good at fighting?" Stella mutters sarcastically. Roxy was proving a challenge, and we also had to dodge the other fairies at the same time.

Musa and Tecna were one by one stopping the others, which was taking a while. As soon as we would draw our attention to someone else, a fairy we had previously trapped would break free. It was exhausting.

I use my vines to reach up and pull Roxy back to the ground to keep her in the one place. She didn't really react as I thought she would- she was completely mindless.

"ENOUGH!"