Chapter 9

Helia POV

"Alright boys, are we ready to go?" Saladin's voice rings through the speaker.

We were in a sort of "pod" which was the so-called "teleportation room" and we were listening to our teacher's voice through a speaker. We had our suits on and we were ready to go to Omega- I couldn't believe it. We all give a thumbs up to the small camera and an excited cheer. Although dangerous, this mission really was exciting.

"Okay guys," Timmy's voice now appears, and the walls swirl with different shades of blue, "you're gonna feel your feet lift off of the ground a little, then a little bit of dizziness and then you'll arrive on Omega. Once you get there, it may take you a minute to adjust yourselves but there will be a clear exit from the pod you arrive in. Just step outside that and your suits should protect you from the cold. They also have emergency supplies inside. Your helmets make it so that you can still talk to us so I will guide you to the control centre where we will tell you what to do next."

Soon after, I feel my feet shake and slowly rise off the ground. The walls swirl as predicted and  I begin to feel lightheaded. To steady myself, I close my eyes, come on, hurry up Timmy!

A few moments later a loud zoom runs past my ears and I open my eyes. The pod is dark except from a glowing white handle with arrows pointing towards it.

"I guess that's the exit," Sky chuckles, "well, here we go. You guys ready?"

"Yeah," we all say, and Sky moves forward and turns the handle. He shoved the door with his shoulder before finally getting it to open.

Almost all of us gasp as the cold air floods the inside of the pod. Of course, our suits protected them but we could still feel the shift in temperature hit the outside of our suits. Still trying to figure out how to work the suits, one by one we step out of the pod. I could tell that it  was very bright but the helmet almost acted like sunglasses, they darkened the world around us so we didn't have to adjust our eyes too much.

We had a look around. We had been to Omega before, years ago, but along with the heightened security they made it much, much colder, to the point where if we were to take off our suits completely we would freeze. For safety, if one part of our suit came off we wouldn't freeze due to the magic elements in the suit. Only if it was completely off would we freeze.

Omega looked very similar to our last visit. Almost the same, actually. Before any of us can say anything, we hear a voice ring through our ears.

"Alright guys? You in okay? Can you hear me?" Timmy asks.

We all voice our "yes" to Timmy to check that he can definitely hear us. He laughs in delight, clearly very excited about being able to control the technological side of this mission. Maybe it was a good idea to let him stay.

"Okay, I'm going to guide you to where you need to go. I'll explain everything on the way," he tells us, "I have a map here and I will be able to track all of you for emergencies or if you get lost."

"Hey, Timmy, where are we actually going?" Brandon asks, and I realise that all this time we didn't actually get a map, we're just trusting Timmy to guide us, as long as it's Timmy nothing can go wrong.

"You're heading to the hidden headquarters. It will only become visible to you once I activate it for you," he explains, "obviously if it was out in the open, if anything were to go wrong with the prisoners it could end badly. Now if you look to the right of the pod exit you'll see a staircase. Can you see it?"

We all look around and eventually spot the staircase. We walk in that direction as Timmy continues to guide us, "okay, now-"

He continues to guide us for a while, until eventually we reach what looks like a circle filled with pure ice.

"Okay, now make sure you're not stepping on the ice. Stand back!" Timmy orders us and we all check we're not standing on the ice.

Gradually, a large building begins to fade into view. The outside is made of metal and a huge iron door slowly begins to swing open. A tall figure appears and uses their arms to motion us inside. We look at each other before quickly running up the stairs to the door and going inside.

The person takes off their helmet, revealed to be an man with short red hair, "you can take off your helmets in here. It's magic protected. I'm Joshua, nice to meet you."

We all shake his hand after taking off our helmets. He explains his job to us, "it's very rarely just me here but with the importance of your mission they needed most, if not all, of us back at the base. So it's just me here to explain everything to you."

"So what's the plan while we're here?" Riven asks, setting down his helmet on a nearby table.

"Well, this is the control centre, but obviously it's hidden. You can't actually see it from the outside unless you have a helmet on. Even then, someone has to activate it to be visible. We have taken most precautions," the man now identified as Joshua explains, "here we have cameras and controls to almost everything. This button here will teleport you to the cell system, where our prisoners are completely frozen in ice. We organised it a bit more since a few years ago."

"Are all the prisoners in these cells?" I ask.

"No, just the new ones. We didn't want to move the already frozen prisoners but their ice is sealed by magic so there's no way they're getting out," he continues, "the cell system is out in the open, so you will need to put your helmets back on. If you're ready, you can go now."

"What exactly are we going for?" Nabu asks, folding his arms.

Joshua shrugs, "I dunno, just anything out of the ordinary. You have special equipment in your suits that your friend that's guiding you can teach you how to use. The speaking lines are all connected so I can hear what everyone is saying and you can also talk to me if anything goes wrong. If needed, I'll press this button which automatically teleports you all back here."

We nod as he shows us some of the equipment around the base.

"Now," he turns around to face us, "get your helmets on. You're going in!"