Chapter 1

Flora POV

I raced down the street, clutching tightly onto my bag. I was late for work. I was never late for work. Ever.

What is wrong with me? I've not overslept since I was a little girl!

I arrive at the Love and Pet shop, panting heavily. The truth was I wasn't late as I had no boss or time schedule for my contribution to the shop. The Winx and I owned it. But I enjoyed working there, it kept me busy. We still had Roxy's friends helping out, but we were still in full control.

Somehow, I couldn't seem to permanently move back to the Magic Dimension. Even after over a year, none of us did. It just... happened.

Things were finally at peace and there was no need to go back urgently. Even Miss Faragonda said we should take all the time we need, then when we feel like it, we can come to Alfea and help teach classes now and again. I missed my "teacher" days, even if they were only short lived.

Besides, Helia and the guys enjoyed helping Rick out at the bar. They did go back to Red Fountain a lot, though. They wanted to keep up their training. I went to Linphea now and again to train my magic a little, as I assumed the other girls visited home too now and again, but that was really all. After a year or so we managed to relax. There was no more threat that controlled our every move.

"Hey, Flora! What's up?" Bloom greets me while searching through a drawer of papers, pausing to look up at me.

"Hey," I smiled, "sorry, I've been feeling really tired lately, I've been sleeping for hours!"

"Really? Me too! It must be the heat," she shook her head and smiled, "I'm not complaining, though."

"I sure bet Stella isn't, either," I laugh.

"Oh you already know she's spending every second of sunlight at the beach with Aisha," she laughs too, rolling her eyes playfully.

As if on cue, the two walk through the doors. Bloom and I greet them, but instead of a cheerful response, they groan simultaneously.

"What's wrong?" Bloom asks.

Stella yawns, seemingly answering her question. Aisha just slumps her shoulders and rests her elbows on the desk in front of Bloom, "surfing got a little boring and Stella- wait until you hear this- got sick of the sun! Stella! The fairy of the shining-"

"Yeah yeah they get it," she rolls her eyes and Bloom and I laugh at the pair.

I shook my head once again, what a weird day. Maybe it's one of those things Tecna was talking about, where something happens in a parallel universe and it completely changes the real world.

I sigh, yeah, probably not. But it would sure take something like that to make Stella sick of the sun.

"Maybe you're just sick," I suggest to Stella.

She nods, "I sure don't feel like myself."

"I know how to test it," Bloom says.

"How?" The three of us look to her.

"Stella?"

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to go shopping with this half price discount card for the shopping mall that Roxy gave me?"

"Is the sky blue?" She asks sarcastically, but it seems as though her mind is somewhere far away as she reaches for the card with zombie-like arms.

"Well, guess I'll see you girls later," Bloom laughs and we say goodbye.

A few minutes after the two leave, Tecna, followed by Musa, enters the main area with her laptop in her hands, "girls! Miss Faragonda wants to video chat with us!"

"Hello, girls," the Headmistress' face appears on the screen and we all say hello.

"I thought you'd like to know that the teacher I hired last year to help return your magic, Miss Dahlia, has resigned from teaching magic and went home. She wanted me to let you know you were all a pleasure to teach," she tells us.

"No way! Why did she resign?" Aisha asks.

"Well, she had apparently planned to before our Wizards crisis but stayed on for a while longer after working with you girls. Besides, she wasn't easy to get a hold of. I hired her for a reason, you know, she's the best of the best. Except me," Miss Faragonda laughs, "she also felt a little ill and decided it would be a good time to leave."

"That's awful," I frown, "I hope she feels better."

"Oh no, it's nothing serious, don't worry," she shakes her head, "but teaching for a while does wear you out."

"It wears us out and we only teach a few classes!" Musa says and we all laugh.

"Where are Bloom and Stella?"

"They went shopping, Stella wasn't feeling the best earlier but she seems to be back to normal now," I respond, giggling.

"Well, it would be a pleasure to have you girls back and teaching a few classes now and again. It's also a good opportunity to expand your magic. You can never stop learning, I always say!" The Headmistress claps enthusiastically.

"Well, we'll see when Bloom and Stella get back but I'm sure they'd be up for it. We would love to come back to Alfea," I say and the girls agree.

"Great. I could use your help to enthuse the students."

"How are the Pixies?" Tecna asks.

"Oh, well, I believe they're- hold on-" the Headmistress disappears from her chair and for a minute it is silent.

"What just happened?" Aisha is the first to speak as we all stare blankly at the computer screen. Then, we hear giggles until-

"Winx!" High-pitched voices squeal as the Pixies try to all be seen by us on the screen.

"Hey!" We all smile widely at them.

It hurt being separated from them for such long periods of time but we- or sometimes I myself- would visit them at Alfea or Pixie Village. They had stuck by us for so long and I honestly felt as though a piece of myself was missing.

Though, that was the same for the whole of the Magic Dimension, especially Linphea and Alfea. It was my home, and even though I enjoyed Gardenia for the past year it was time for things to change. I wanted to follow my heart and just be happy.

It was nice being able to relax for once. No drama, no missions. Not yet, anyway.