Chappie 33

Chapter 33

Katie ached all over she was bandaged so tight she wondered how she could manage to breathe but it all the pain faded into nothing when she met Leos dark eyes across the room ''Hi Leo' 'her voice barely carrying across the space yet he haerd her as a smile she had never seen before spread across his face making him look younger and lighter ''baby...'' she barely heard his whisper from his place by the door where he had yet to move from.

''Are you coming in'' Her husky voice had never sounded so good to Leo, he didnt want to move in fear that he was hallucinating and she really wasnt awake and speaking o him ''dude, shes awake... do i have to do everything round here'' Leo dimly heard his brothers voiceas he approached his attention remained on the woman who was now sat in the bed giving him a puzzled look like she feared for his sanity, A shove from behind him broke the spell that had wove around him and he moved towards the bed grabbing her up in his arms crushing her to his chest the feel of her skin against him had him groaning out her name ''Katie...baby your safe its over, its all over''

Katie heard the words yet she couldnt comprehend the meaning ''over?'' Leo pulled back from her just far enough so she could see the sincerity in his eyes but close enough so his hands remained around her ''Ed was waiting for me at the ranch'' gasping from the fear that she may have lost Leo she huddled closer to his chest trying not to dwell on the thought that she could have lost him before they had really found each other ''im fine baby...he had a gun but then again so did i, some....things were said and we both pulled the trigger he missed, i didnt. Eds dead Katie he cant hurt you anymore.. i promise'' the emotions tumbled through her , the anger, disbelief, shock and fear overwhelmed her causing tears of relief to fall down her face and onto his shirt ''its really over, oh god its over i almost cant believe it'' her voice breaking as she cried the healing tears she knew she needed.

Leo rocked her in his arms letting her cry her emotions out she needed the release and he would always be here to be her shoulder to cry on. Looking over her head Leo signalled to his brother with a flick of his head in the direction of the door telling him silently to leave him alone with his woman, there was things that needed to be said and he didnt want an audience to do it. Jake chuckled at the not so subtle gesture for him to leave ''well...'' he sighed over exagerating the movements of rising from his chair ''im long overdue back at work seems to me Katie your in good hands'' he said to his best friend who peaked over the arms of his brother. Giving them a wave and an assurance he will call in later he walked towards his ward a longing for what his brother and friend shared lodged in his heart, what would it be like he mused sharing a love that could overcome anything he just hoped that he would one day be lucky enough to find someone who loved him enough for him to find out.

Katie pulled away slightly in Leos embrace giving him a sheepish smile ''sorry about that its just a huge relief its over'' the pain in her stomach became too much and she grimaced in pain ''you okay baby, you hurting?'' She nodded and wrapped her now empty arms around her stomach the pain slowly burning under the bandages ''Leo it hurts..make it stop'', anger again burned through Leo and he wanted nothing more than to kill the bastard all over again at the sight of his woman in pain and curled up like an infant ''ill just go get the nurse baby'' turning to the door he walked to the nurses station curtly telling the woman that Katie needed a doctor and if she didnt get one here in the next five minutes she would see a side of him she wouldnt like, he watched for a second in amusement as the woman scrambled to do his bidding, he rarely used the power that came with his name and wealth but even he had to admit at times like this it certainly had its perks.

Katie curled tighter into a ball the pain became sharp in its intensity reminding her of the marks she knew would be underneath the white bandages wrapped so close round her stomach and her thoughts wandered to Ed what drove a man to the kind of depravity that he had sunk? She didnt know, what she did know was she would pick herself up and start again.''hello Miss Woodward we meet again'' Katie watched as Doctor Garrety walked into the room quickly followed by a worried looking Leo ''it seems your pain killers have worn off ill get the nurse to give you some more'' the doctor stated as he fiddled with the chart at the base of her bed ''would you like an update on your condition i presume the nurses have been their usual vague selves?''.