Chappie 5

Sorry this one has been a while hope you enjoy xoxox

Chapter 5

Katie squinted through the windshield of Jakes truck and could just make out the ranch house through all the dust kicked up by the heavy duty tyres. Katie glanced at Jake from the corner of her eye she noticed his hands that were on the wheel were gripping so tight that his knuckes were turning white, aloowing her eyes to travel further up his body she noticed the tension running through her travel companion, his back was ram rod straight and his jaw were clenched just a small tick in his right cheek where she knew for a fact he was grinding his teeth in annoyance, a habit she knew that only made an appearence when he was severley tense or worried.

"Jay, you okay'' she askedas she reached out and touched his arm to calm whatever was upsetting her best friend, as she made contact with his skin, Jake jerked in his seat in surprise, she knew to let whatever it was go, he would speak to her about it in his own time. "Ah home sweet home, uh ho looks like barracuda bonnie is here too"

Katie laughted out loud baracuda Bonnie was a texas socialite and a daughter of a business partner of Leo's, it seems her main goal of the last few years is to seduce Leo and get him to pt a ring upon her finger, and she was here now oh the joys but at least Leo's attention wouldnt be on her inept social skills.

Jake exited the vehicle and came around just as she opened her own door, a dry chuckle escaped his lips, as he proclaimed the disadvantages of wmodern women and the decline of gentlemen in society, the dr humour had her laghing right along with him, and forgetting about her nervousness and her new outfit as they approached the homestead door and right into Nonna Kay.

Nonna Kay was Texas through and through, her dark hair was streaked with grey and pulled into a severe bun and her black dress uniform covered her more than generous curves , and her arms were outstretched in greeting as she pulled them both in for a hug, Katie had only been to the ranch a handful of times preferring to stay away from the older Travis brother who unsettled Katie in a way no man ever could but she and the loveable cook hit it off and became fast friends.

"Katie me darlin' arent you a sight for me sore eyes an look at you far too skinny, you better be eating right or ill ave ya with me spoon' an Jake me boy, you look as fine as usual, come right on in and enjoy the evenin', try not to throw up me food with thatb infernal woman stuck to our Leo like a leech' go on now shoo'' at that she ushered the two silent people into main room where pre dinner drinks were being held. Jake held out his arm for her to take as theyb entered the doorway, their eyes scanned crowd already congregated in the rustic atmosphere, their gazes immediately landing on Leo almost being mauled by the barracuda. Both she and Jake collapsed against each other in a fit of laughter which instantly drew curious looks from some of the more straight laced business folk and a glare from Leo as thier eyes met across the room, but her attention was easily diverted when a man wearing casual jeans and tshirt that hugged well defined muscles just big enough to make her mouth water in appreciation, as he got close enough their gazes locked as he reached for her hand, before swooping low into a bow kissing her hand before his deep timbre of his voice sent shivers down her spine "good evening ma'am im Simon Fitzpatrick, a business partner and friend of the Travis brothers''

Her hand still placed in his Katie managed to find her voice as a deep blush worked itself up her cheeks at the innocent contact, ''im Katie Woodward, friend of Jakes nice to meet you Mr Fitzpatrick'', She had never felt this connected to another human being, their eyes remained locked and the world around her seemed to have slowed down to a distant background buzz. ''Simon if you please, Mr Fitzpatrick is my father and just between you and me he can keep it" their laughs intermingled as a shiver went down her spine at the deep baritone of his laugh, this man was fun and not intimidating to a scarred woman like her and she instantly decided she liked Simon Fitzpatrick.

This byplay had not gone unseenby the strangely rigid man at the other side of the room. Leo had noticed the arrival of his brother and his beautiful guest, but on a second glance he realised the naturally beautiful woman on his brothers arm, was the same woman he had yelled at a few days agoin the store. Her figure he cold distinguish previously now was on show for his perusal and what a figure he added silently the red jumper clung to her breasts that were bigger than a handful, and were prominantley on display with the dip in the neckline of the sweater. His eyes scanned lower to the flat stomach and flared hips and the curve of her bottom, which reminded him of ripe peaches, Leo could feel his mouth watering at the thought of sinking his teeth into the peachy skin of her behind. His eyes dropped to her legs' good god! Her legs, he had always been a leg man but she had legs that went on forever, which created a sudden intense hunger to feel them wrapped round his waist as he buries himself deep into her warm welcoming heat as his hands tangle in her hair. His eyes jump to the hair in question the chocolate strands, shone and hung in a wavy cloak to her waist emphasising the blue of her eyes.

Leo shifted trying to relieve some of the sudden and surprising hunger,his brothers playmate inspired in his body, just the fact she was here with his brother brought up questions that had a surge of raging jealousy of his brother flowing through him. Are they just friends? They have known each other years were they or are they lovers?

Leo's attention was captured by his longtime friend and business partner approach the couple who were yet to move away from the door and enter the room and each other, he watched as his friend kissed her hand and a blush spread across her cheeks at something he said, and for the first time in his life he felt the intense need to punch his friend and stake his claim on the younger woman. At that thought he instantly dismissed it as a result of a long dry spell, he just might take Bonnies offer of her body to help him relieve the hunger he was developing for the quiet librarian with the body of a centrefold.