Chappie 19

Chapter 19

So the little princess was feeling safe was she, look at her laughing and joking with the cowboy didnt she remember that she wore his mark on her skin she was a dirty little skank that was what she was he thought, his thoughts went back to the night he first saw her, she was different that night he saw her in the bar he couldnt take his eyes off her she had looked so innocent compared to the overly made up women that were scattered across the smokey room.

He had followed her as she left and he had loved her that night, seeing her around the town speaking to her was enough at first, he had been living on off the photographs and memories but he couldnt take it any more his heart belonged to her and how did the bitch repay him, she shacked herself up with the doctor and the cowboy.

She should be afraid she wasnt the woman he thought she was and she would pay if she thought he had gone away she was sadly mistaken. He would show her that the love he shared was to be cared for and savoured and was more than she deserved, he wouldnt overlook her horish behaviour with the cowboy she would punished.

The image of the knife slicing through her soft skin as she cried out in pain made him smile those sounds were his and his alone they were made for him by her and he would hear them again and soon. Focusing his eyes through the binoculars he looked at them cuddling under the shade of the trees and anger surged through him again at her behaviour but he tempered it down to a simmer soon he thought soon she would be his. Watching the cowboy get up and get back to work distracted him but his eyes remained firmlly on her, hey stayed like that for a while until he say her mount up alone, he knew the cook was away at her sisters so she was going alone, smiling to himself he walked back to the car, time to step up the plan.

Katie approached Leo an hour later, ''im bored Leo, im going back to the ranch okay'' she saw the worry cloud his face and the indecision of weather he should stay and fix the fence or come with her, she walked up to him and cupped his face ''ill be okay its a straight ride from here to the ranch house, ill be fine'' he just nodded his head and kissed her tenderly before letting her go. The ride back gave her time to think and analyse everything that had been happening in the last few weeks, she knew her house was ready for her but neither she or Leo had dared to mention it, she knew leaving the ranch and him would leave a gaping hole in her heart and the thought made her feel sick inside.

Not taking any notice of her surrounding she approached the barn to unsaddle the mere and brush her down. The barn was her favourite place on the ranch the quiet presence of the animals calmed her they were always interested when she approached and they gave a sympathetic ear and said nothing, she liked to think that they understood. A shuffle behind her had her thoughts centered back on the here and now and that she was alone in a barn with a madman on the loose.

Her ears strained for the noise but it didnt come again so she quickly shrugged it off as a one of the horses moving around in the stall, silently she moved the mere into her stall and began unstrapping the saddle like Leo had shown her quickly removing the strapping and hanging it over the stall door. The mere was becoming agitated she remembered what the boys had said if they get agitated dont stand behind them murmur slow deep calming words and slowly move from the stall until you are out of harms way.

A low hiss stopped her in her tracks as she moved to the side of the mere her eyes darting left to right on the floor before her eyes fell upon the greyish snake that was raised up hissing at the mere who was stomping her feet and going wild trying to kill the danger that lay infront of her. ''Shhhh freya calm down girl'' Katie attempted to smooth the mere hoping against hope as the mere started raising on her hind legs to bring her hooves down with a thud that she could calm her down.

Just as Katie moved towards the panicked beast the mere stumbled to the side crushing her between the stall and the meres solid body she could feel a sharp pain radiate through her ribs and she found it hard to breathe, she pushed at the big body each movement of the huge beast rubbed her against the stall and crushed her chest tighter and tighter until she was sure she was going to die right here.