Chappie 6

Chappie 6

Katie decided later that evening that she was doing pretty well, she hadnt fallen over, spilt her drink or upset any influencial business people, and with dinner finished things were slowly winding down and she could honestly say that she had enjoyed herself and she owed the happy mood to the company of Jake who stayed true to his promise and stayed by her side the entire night, and the pleasant companion that was Simon Fitzpatrick, a born irish man had the ready wit and easy banter that instantly put her to ease and the flirty undertones to their conversations hadnt gone unnoticed either.

A few stragglers remained dotted around the main lounge room either sat in the comfortable leather sofas or standing drinking the after tea brandy. In and amongst the stragglers were some of the people she had been introduced to at intervals during the night but her eyes instantly found Leo and the barracuda as they approached, Bonnie was hung off Leos arm like a designer handbag, and the matching glares in their eyes instantly set her nerves on edges, she coulndnt help her eyes as they drifted over his naturally muscled chest which was wrapped in a black silk shirt that was slightly open at the collar showing off the tanned skin beneath, his waist tapered in to form fitting slacks that spoke of the money that he was worth.

Katie eyes met that of Bonnies and realised that the older woman knew exactly what she had been doing just seconds before and to confirm it she snuggled even closer to Leo just as he decided to speak "Hello Jake, Miss Woodward what a surprise we havent been blessed with your company at the ranch for a couple of years" Katie detected the icy undertones to his words and a shiver ran down her spine in response, ''Jay asked me to come and i had nothing pressing to do, and seeing as i havent seen the place for a few years i thought a visit would be good, it hasnt changed much'' Jake who stood silently at her side applauded the calm comeback that didnt betray the nerves that he could sense as her hand silently gripped his arm as soon as his brother approached, Jake wondered what was it about this woman that seemed to disgruntle his older brother, who generally as a rule was polite to a fault with everyone except to the young woman at his side.

''Im sure a librarians social calender is hectic, have you met Bonnie Hemmingwell, my date for the evening" Katie felt the sting of his statement like a smack to the face as she pasted the smile even wider and offered her hand to the other woman, "hello Miss Hemmingwell im Katie pleased to meet you". The older woman just fixed her with an icy glare and her lip turned up in disgust at her outstretched hand, eventally after the awkward second before Katie realised that the barracuda wasnt going to take her hand she gently lowered it to her side, before Bonnie turned her attention to Jake " Jakey baby, how are you, its been a while, are you still playing doctors''.

Katie felt Jakes arm tense under hers "hello Bonnie, and i am a doctor not playing at one, please excuse us" Katie had the satisfaction of seeing the shocked look in the womans eyes as Jake led her forward and away from Leo and the social sucking snake but they had not gone two paces before the shrill voice was heard "darling, who was that tragic young child with your brother?" Katie felt the anger rising through her body the word tragic triggering memories that she wanted to bury and forget, the older woman dared stand there and call her tragic, her!!! she whirled back around on her heel picking up a drink from a passing waiter as she went back the few paces towards Leo and Bonnie, the anger at the injustice spurning her every step and making her back rigid.

just as she reached them the older couple spotted her, ignoring the glare and warning look in Leos eyes, she pulled back her arm and tossed the contents of the glass all over the delightful Miss Hemmingwell " TRAGIC, YOU have the nerve to call ME tragic, you the social sucking parasite have the nerve to call me the upstanding librarian tragic, please dont make me laugh, and you like the high life so much your wearing a glass of hundred dollar champagne it suits you good day Miss Hemmingwell, Leo" at that she lifted her chin high and left the room not noticing the several stares and smirks of the other people in the room who didnt perticularly like Leos bed companion.

Katie ran out of the ranch house as quick as she could and headed towards Jakes car which she knew would be unlocked, she was a couple of steps away from the car when warm hands grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the un open door, whirling around all the anger drained away as she met with two burning angry eyes that had her breath catching in her throat. "Hi Leo" she started to say giving the angry man a sheepish smile, "HI LEO, HI BLOODY LEO WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT" the two arms moved to either side of her shoulders effectively pinning her against the car and his warm body, having his body this close caused a heat to wash through Katies body she felt tremors start to shake her from the inside out and she was noticing things about Leo she hadnt before like the way his hair shone under the moonlight, the way his lower lip was slightly plumper than the top and the uncharacteristic hunger to kiss and nibble on the lower lip, her eyes strayed and locked on his lips as she fought the desire to raise up and devour his mouth and taste the passion she could sense within his anger, hands shaking her shoulders broke her out of her internal debate and had her eyes oce again meeting his dark eyes brimming with anger and something else that had the goosebumps raising up on her arms, confusion became the main emotion for a few seconds as she watched his head lower down as his eyes searched hers asking a silent question, leaning up towards him she didnt know who initiated it but she found herself pressed against the car and her mouth being devoured and the last thought that registered within her brain was oh my.

if Katie went under quickly then so did Leo, he didnt understand the intense need and hunger he felt towards this small fragile woman in his arms he chased her down to bring her to task for what she did to Bonnie but within seconds of being near her he saw the changes of arousal in her young body and watched in awe at what his presence did to her breathing and watched hungrily as desire filled her eyes and her eyes locked onto his lips, the innocent hunger drew him in like one hundred maneaters like Bonnie never could, thats how he felt himself lowering his head questioning with his eyes for permission to taste the hunger that he could see, taste all the womanly softness and innocent desire.

As their lips touched the kindle of flame suddenly erupted into a burning desire that consumed them both, her hands moved up his face and tangled in his hair pulling him closer to kiss him deeper, his hands run down her arms, her sides and across her buttocks bringing her body in closer contact with his pushing against the hard visible arousal of his body that he couldnt hide, the contact made her moan in the back of her throat as she moved even closer to the hard planes of his body.

The moan that had escaped her brought Leo back to his surroundings, lifting his head he watched in fascination as she followed his lips, he harshly pushed her away with a muffled oath, whirling around on his heel so his back was to her, his hands shook as he run them through his hair, taking a few deep breaths he turned and looked at her, her hair was mussed and her lips swollen from the pressure and potency of the kiss, he had to fight not to reach for her again and take her up to his room, but it was her eyes, her eyes looked shattered at his rejection, and it was that instant Leo realised just how innocent the innocent Miss Woodward was and he pulled on all his resolve for what he knew he had to do.

Katie stood motionless as Leo whirled around and looked at her, her emotions running riot, why did he kiss her? Why did he stop? Why did she kiss him? The questions whirled around and around as her hands raised up to her lips that were still tingling from the pressure of his, but as her eyes met his, her world dropped away, his eyes had glinted over, all desire she saw was long gone, but she was unprepared for when he started speaking '' Well at least i know now, who wouldve guessed that the little librarian was so accessable, you didnt even put up a fight Miss Woodward, now be a good girl and stick to little boys , youve got nothing for the men to want, now about what you did to Bonnie it was way out of line, but ill smooth it over, now youve tried it with me you can stop eyeing me up and stay away from Jake we both know hes above you and needs to be with people in his circle, i will send Jake to take you home, goodnight Miss Woodward" and at that he turned and walked back to the house, not glancing back at the devastated woman leaning against the car with silent tears falling down her cheeks, as the words rang around in her head even more potent for the calm way they were spoken.

Hope you enjoyed it please leave any comments thankyou for reading x