Chappie 23

Chapter 23

Hope you enjoy and thankyou all for your lovley comments, sorry about the late upload my daughter has been ill x

Katie looked around the tiny living room as the tears ran down her face, the personal memories that laid round the room taunted her and dared her to remember what they were. She couldnt remember any other memories including the woman who was her mother, she had hoped during the three days she remained in hospital that when she finally got home she would finally remember who she was and where she had come from but even now after a walkthrough with Jake and him telling her memories they shared together she had remembered nothing. Shrieking with frustration she threw her now empty mug into the open fire place the pieces shattering like a starting gun which had her falling to her knees and began sobbing loudly.

Jake heard the smash and shriek from upstairs where he had been discreetly checking the new security that Leo had fitted onto her windows, immediately panic chewed at his gut and he ran down the stairs and stopped at the door in shock at the sight infront of him. The remains of the mug lay scattered in and arond the fire and Katie lay sprawled in a heap on the floor her shoulders shaking with the force of her tears. He hated to see her so broken after everything she had been through she had remained strong but the loss of her memory and herself seemed to have broken her and Jake didnt know how to fix her.

Katie felt Jakes arm slide around her shoulders and she felt an instant sense of missing something the tingles she had experienced with Leo were absent with Jakes touch, she couldnt understand how was it she loved this man but didnt want to close the space between them and touch her lips to his. God what had she done, a gasp escaped her lips as a pain split through her head having the tears drying up instantly. The memory brough a sense of love so strong she could taste it, the memory became clearer her and leo on her table in the kitchen and her swearing to him that she had not slept with his brother, the pain became too sharp and darkness consumed her.

Jake worriedly felt the pulse on the pale woman now laying unconcious on the couch, he had nearly swollowed his tounge when she had gasped in pain and then collapsed in his arms. He was getting ready to ring for Doctor Garetty to update on her condition when her eyes began to flutter open and she let out a sigh meeting his eyes ''Hey sweetie how are you feeling?" before he could blink she was up and swaying slightly ''hey slow down what happened? did you remember something?" Katie just stared blankly at him and he wondered if she was reliving whatever she saw ''I need to see Leo'' was all she said before she grabbed his hands and lead him through the door to his waiting truck.

At the ranch Leo sat back in his chair and rubbed his hands across the ache in his chest which had been plaguing him since he walked out of the hospital room three days earlier and it had yet to ease. A quiet knock on his office door had him lifting his head and hope light in his chest hoping aganst hope it was Katie, yet the hope dwindled when a smirking Bonnie entered the room. ''Leo darling how are you? Ive missed you baby'' Leo just watched as she walked further into the room her silk dress clung to her curves and her long tanned legs seemed impossibly longer in the high heeled pumps she wore. Bonnie knew she had his attention the same way she knew his absence was due to the librarian but the rumour was that the quiet woman could no longer remember anything due to an accident at the ranch, and bonnie was not a woman to waste an oppertunity to get Leo back.

''What do you want Bonnie'' Leo felt the anger simmering below the surface when he remembered how this woman had looked down her nose at Katie when in truth Katie was ten times the woman that Bonnie could never be. ''Dont be like that darling, i havent seen you in almost two months'' Leo silently added that two months wasnt enough, to his surprise Bonnie took his silence as an invitation as she walked to the drinks counter where he held his finest brandy ''drink darling?'' Leo just nodded his head in assent while he pondered how to get rid of the resiliant woman.

Bonnie poured two glasses of brandy carefully keeping her back to Leo she could see he wouldnt come to her willingly maybe he just needed a little nudge in the right direction, so carefully keeping the drinks out of his view she opened up a small compartment in her necklace bringing out pill she only used to loosen herself up through countless business meetings with boring old men with wondering hands, quickly slipping it into his drink it immediately dissolved before she swirled the amber liquid around the glass making sure no residue was visible.

Leo decided that being mean would be his only option bt before he coud vocally state his displeasure at her presence she slipped in front of him at the desk and offered him the damn drink ''what do you want Bonnie'' he asked before he threw the contents of the glass down his throat relishing the slight burn as it slid its way down, ''oh Leo all i want is you''

Katie sat agitated infront of the truck she hoped that she wasnt too late to explain to Leo what she had been thinking when she had thrown his love in his face god please dont let it be too late, on the way she had explained to Leo what she had remembered and had clarified a couple of points that she had asked. Firstly he had told her they had never had more than a brother sister relationship and niether of them had ever had the desire to change that and secondly he had shed some light on what he knew of her relationship with Leo, it wasnt much she agreed but it was enough to confirm that she had feelings for Leo and she was hoping he would forget what she had said in the hospital.

Finally knowing what she felt was right she was almost bouncing in anticipation of seeing him again ''oh no'' she heard Jake groan from the drivers seat, looking around the outside of the ranch she couldnt see anything that looked out of place except a shiny new car outside the front door. ''I dont think you should go in there, let me go first'' Jake asked which instantly had dread twisting in her gut, but before the truck had barely stopped she was out of the truck and heading for the door hearing Jake swearing behind her as he stopped the truck.

Moving on instinct she heard girly moans eminating from a door to her right which lay slightly ajar, the temptation became too much as the dread threatened to choke her as she pushed open the door and felt her heart shatter at the sight infront of her.