Chappie 7

This chapter is dedicated to EVANESCENCE1256 for becoming my first fan, Thank you

Hope you enjoy x

Jake looked at the quiet girl besides him in the truck, and kicked himself at not being able to get to her before Leo, but as soon as his older brother had untangled himself and taken off after a very calm Katie, the thoroughly drenched Bonnie had grasp onto his suit lapel and sob into the expensive material, and it had taken the return of the cool but somewhat rumpled Leo for the delightful Miss Hemmingwell to unattach herself from him, Jake had raised a questioning eyebrow in Leos direction as he noticed that Katie hadnt followed behind him, it took a minute for Leo to tell him that Miss Woodward was by his truck waiting to be taken home.

Again he glanced at his best friend and noticed the tension lining her body, the tear tracks still visible on her deathly pale face, and her hands that were clenching and unclenching in her lap. "Dammit, Katie what did he say to you, i hate seeing you like this, speak to me sweetie". Katie didnt know what to tell Jake, her heart was breaking at the thought that maybe what Leo had said was true, maybe she was holding Jake back by not being his sort of people and giving him all the influence money and the right connections can gain you. "Do you think...'' she started meekly and had to take a deep breath ''do you think we did the right thing becoming friends Jay? Do you ever regret standing by the side of a broken girl, hell im still broken in some ways, maybe he was right, maybe i am holding you back, you need to be round your sort of people Jake your high society im not..."

Jake sat rigid in his seat anger bubbling away below the surface, as he pulled up outside her house and turning off the engine, he took a deep calming breath before facing the vulnerable young woman who sat still in her seat, her eyes glistening with unshed tears. "One Katie Woodward you are my kind of people two i have never and will never regret our friendship three your not broken just still fitting the pieces back together, your my friend Katie my bloody best friend ive needed you as much as youve needed me and dont you go second guessing it ever especially because of something Leo has said, now are you okay? Do you want me to come up?''

Katie was still digesting the enpassioned statement from Jake as she absently replied ''im fine, he just took chunks out of me with his temper'' and with his kiss she silently added, she leaned over and kissed him on the cheek before exiting the truck and walking up the walkway into her dark and quiet house, stopping just for a second to wave Jake away from the curb. As she shut the door she sank to the floor and allowed the anguish and hurt to overtake her, and her sobs could be heard til the early hours of the morning.

when Jake returned to the ranch he was grateful to see all the cars and guests had left, his temper which was bubbling slow under the surface after he had found out the reason why Katie was so upset prompted him to drive back to the ranch and have it out with his brother, Bonnie or no Bonnie.

''LEO'' Jake let the heavy door slam behind him, shattering the quiet that had decended on the hallways now void of people, ''LEO'', Jake faintly hears the clink of glass meeting class eminating from the room that Leo had comandeered for his study when the two boys had taken over the ranch, making his way towards the sound, he stopped in the doorway, all anger at his brother forgotten, Leo sat behind his large mahogany desk, a bottle of brandy on the polished wood,and a snifter in his hand. Leo was never a big drinker preferring to keephis wits around him, so to see his big brother drinking now disturbed Jake.

''Leo, whats going on, ive just spoken to Katie how could you make her question our friendship like that" Leo looked into his brandy with blank eyes, he was struggling to forget the passionate woman in his arms, he couldnt remember a time where a womans passion had been for him as man and not for his money, but the delectable Miss Woodward had given him an innocents passion and it had been for Leo the man behind the fortune, and for a second he had indulged and tasted the forbidden fruit of their joined desire. But then her moan of arousal and woken him from the haze of desire that had blanketed his mind.

He had then realised who this woman was, how young she seemed and how innocent she came across. Then there was his brother are they lovers? Friends with benefits? Does he have feelings for the young librarian and visa versa?, the thoughts that had been running through his head and finally driven him to Bonnie's arms, but his traitorous body had failed to respond to Bonnies expert hands and mouth, but upon realising that she would get no reaction from him, she graceciously put his impotence down to the stress of the evening and that he was tired before leaving in a flourish of tight skinny dress and long legs.

But being left alone, he had to question his lack of reaction to the woman who had never failed to arouse him before and the only conclusion he could reach was he finally found a honest womans passion aimed at him a woman who responded with every fibre of her being, and it had ensnared him and tangled him in a web of desire and uncurable hunger for the quiet librarian with a hidden temper and a body to make men fall to thier knees in worship. Just thinking of her kissable lips, the plump pouty shape pressed against his own, her peachy behind that was just the right size for his hands and the way she fit perfectly into his arousal, just had the blood rushing from his body and into the region below his waistband.

''LEO'' Leo gave himself a mental shake and returned his wayward thoughts back to his brother, a rage of jealousy surged in the absence of his dwindling desire, jealousy that this young man gets the woman that had him tied in knots. "What Jake" he snapped in response instantly regretting that he was letting his emotions take over the bond he had with his brother.

"Whats going on Leo, what did you say to Katie, she was distraght, she didnt show me, she never would, but what you said hurt her" another emotion that Leo wasnt used to feeling swamped him, guilt, guilt at the way he had reacted aloud to the kiss, lashing out at the beautiful woman that not minutes before stood in his arms warm and willing. "I told her what she did was unacceptable, and that maybe she should leave you alone and let you mingle with the right people, without her holding you back. Jake" Leo carried on ignoring the way he knew his brother was going to respond ''ever since you two met you changed, you stopped coming to most of the parties held here always spending time with her and neglecting your friends, i merely suggested that she was holding you back and i dont apologise for it".

Jake felt his anger swell again at his brothers high handedness with his relationship with Katie, "its true she did change me, she showed me what real friendship is like with someone who doesnt want me for the Travis name, it made me realise all these people we call friends only a few would stand by us if we went bust and Katie would be by my side the entire way, taking on as much of the hard work as she could, so dont ever think of getting in between that Leo, shes one of the few people in this world i can rely on, she reminds me alot of you actually" at the raised eyebrow Jake laughed and continued "she helps me when i ask but knows when i need to do something alone, and she has a temper that makes her look like a spitting kitten' but Leo weve been through alot together has me and Katie and she needs me as much as i need her, shes vulnerable Leo and you on constant attack with her doesnt help anything, just lay off her Leo"

Leo noted the dark look that crossed his brothers face when he said that he and Katie had been through alot and that she was vulnerable, and he wondered what they were hiding, why was she vulnerable, and for the second he asked a question that hed never asked or considered before "how did you two meet anyway" Leo watched in facination as his brothers look became shuttered and dark, he had never seen a look like that on the younger mans face and found himself eagerly anticipating the answer. "We met when i was a resident and she needed stitching up, we became fast friends thats it, goodnight Leo''

Leo knew not to press as he watched Jake leave the room for another part of the house, and his mind drifted back to the mysterious librarian and how she felt while he held her in arms for the best two minutes of his recent life so far, he let his mind indulge for he knew this weakness he was feeling would not show tomorrow, she was his brothers anyone with a eye and half a brain could see the bond they share was something special and reinforced by whatever thing they had gone through together, if this didnt confirm that his brother and the librarian shared more than friendship nothing would.

Hope you enjoyed it x