Chapter 24

Chapter 24

I hope this makes up for the late uploads x

The shock kept her rivoted to her spot in the doorway as she registered blindly that Jake had arrived behind her cursing loudly. Leo was laid across the woman on the desk, her legs were wrapped round his hips and his hands were under her dress caressing her body, at Jakes loud curse the couple became startled from their intimate encounter and her eyes immediately met Leos she noticed the shock and confusion on his face before he said ''Katie?'' She watched as he looked down at the woman before sheer horror took over his features before he untangled himself and his gaze swung back to hers ''Katie i'm ....oh god Katie''.

Her eyes met the smug face of Bonnie and she couldnt stay quickly turning to Jake she looked in his eyes ''take me home'' he didnt need to ask how she felt it was clearly written on her face she was devastated and Jake wanted to walk into the room and demand to know what the hell his brother was doing and did he know he was independantly breaking the only woman that truly cared for him. But he coldnt leave Katie, she needed him now more than ever ''please Jake take me home'' nodding his head silently he walked with her to the truck ignoring his brothers deep voice calling them back.

Leo walked towards the front door just in time to see the hazy tail lights of the truck disappear from sight and he felt the pain through to his toes, turning back round the world seemed to spin what the hell was wrong with him? clicking heels pierced through the haze before hands moved over his chest ''Katie? You came back'' the hands on his chest pulled him towards the stairs he couldnt believe she stayed ''im sorry...i love you'' he waited for her quiet shy response but non came the hands continued pulling him towards the stairs and he followed the woman he loved. When he entered what he assumed was his bedroom the hands pulled him down onto the bed before they moved down his body, why the hell coldnt he keep his eyes open? ''Baby i cant...too tired'' before his eyes shut the last time a face blurred into his vision ''Bonnie?''

Jake escorted an overly cheerful Katie home she was refusing to discuss what she had seen, like she had developed a sheen of ice and Jake had never seen her like this before and he didnt know what to do, when they reached her house he walked at the front of her and let himself in to her home, Jake always like Katies house it always had a sense of home that the ranch house lacked, hell he even had his own bedroom here he stayed thatbmuch when he was working long days and on call. ''Im going to bed Jake ill see you in the morning are you staying'' he nodded and kissed her hair ''goodnight Katie you going to be okay?'' she just gave him a small smile and headed up the stairs.

His head pounding had Leo waking up the next morning wondering what the hell happened the night before, he couldnt remember a damn thing. The shuffling of the bed sheets next to him had him jumping from the bed and whirling on the other occupant as he quickly noted his lack of clothing and hers ''BONNIE...WHAT THE HELL'' his loud voice send the drums pounding in his head and he sat back onto the bed groaning in pain wrapping the sheet around his hips in defense ''what the hell happened last night?'' And why the hell was it one big hazy memory of him and ....dear god he was on his desk with Bonnie ''darling dont you remember you tole me you loved me after we made out a little on your desk, i mst say the librarian wasnt very pleased when she saw us but at least she knows the truth now''

Leo flinched at her voice as it came like nails on a blackboard, What? ''Katie was here, and she saw us on my desk?'' he felt the guilt assault him, what was she doing here? God how must she be feeling? He could only imagine what she thought of him, he had declared his love for her and then not three days later she finds him in the arms of another woman. ''Yes she came with Jake and left with him too and Jake didnt come back at all last night, i just assume that he spent the night with the librarian'' Oh good god no please dont let this drive her into his brothers arms not that he deserved any less.

''Why dont i remember?'' A suspicion nagged at his brain as he remembered Bonnie pouring him a drink before sitting infront of him at his desk before everything became a blur ''WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?'' He bellowed the headache soon forgotten in her silence ''now Leo i just gave you something to loosen you up, admit your real feelings for me...and you did you told me you loved me and we made love Leo ....'' Bonnie inwardly smiled when she remembered stripping him of his clothing while he lay unconcious on the bed after the alcohol and pill had started to make him sleep, they hadnt of course she wasnt a total monster she just needed him to think they had. ''LIKE HELL WE DID, AND YOU FUcKING DRUGGED ME'' Leo could not believe that he had made love to this woman after Katie had walked away from him ''yes Leo we did and it was wonderful, you even said you didnt want protection because you loved me and of course i agreed''.

''GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW, BEFORE I RING THE POLICE, NOW!!!'' He couldnt take her lies he needed her gone so he could try and piece together what had really happened and explain to Katie and hopefully make her forgive him and see why she was here, an internal voice gave him pause for thought what if she remembered that she loved him?, God for his sake he truly hoped she hadnt remebered a damn thing or his perfect life that was with her would be ruined for good, but Bonnies next words had him freezing in place and his world collapsing in on itself ''but i might be pregnant Leo, you cant leave me now'' at her smug smile he knew she had plotted this all along and he had fallen into her trap.

Jake pulled up at the ranch instantly noting that Bonnies car was stilll here, did Katie mean nothing to his brother, what the hell was he doing? His thoughts drifted back to Katie as she had looked this morning the tell tale signs that she had been crying were visible in her swollen eyes and face, but she had put on a happy face and avoided all his attempts to breech a conversation about what she had seen the night before.

Jake let himself into the ranch ''LEO........'' where the hell was his brother, ''LEO, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU" a deep voice from the kitchen had him heading that way and his anger double as he noted Bonnie sat at the table wearing a cat got the cream smile and Leo looking pale and beyond angry. '' what the hell is going on here'' Jake asked the now quiet room ''Well Leo darling, ill be going so you can ... chat, ill see you later'' as she went on tip toes to kiss Leos cheek Jake noted that his brother did nothing to discourage the action ''bye bye Jakey'' she smiled as she left the two brothers alone.

''Care to explain what the hell Katie walked in on last night, and why the hell i come home and find the barracuda sat at our table enjoying a god damn morning coffee'' Leo couldnt answer how does he tell his brother that he royally screwed up ''apparantly Bonnie gave me something to loosen me up last night in my brandy'' he stated with disgust lacing each word, if there was not a baby at the end of all this he would be reporting her to the police. ''And apparently after Katie walked in and left i told Bonnie i loved her and we made love'' he air quoted the words made love as he knew if he was in his right mind he wouldnt even of had sex with her and she knew it.

''And please tell me..WHERE THE HELL KATIE FITS INTO ALL THIS'' Jake refused to believe his ears he had never disrespected his brother more so than at this very minute. Leo winced at the words he loved Katie and it was ironic now after a moment of weakness he had lost everything he had ever wanted ''miss Woodward does not remember me and is confused in weather she loves me or not, hell she threw the love back in my face for good measure'' it hurt him to be so cold but he couldnt bring Katie into this mess of his creation, it was a good thing she no longer remembered anything they had shared.

'God your a bastard...She came to tell you she remembered Leo, thats why she was here she remembered her feelings for you and wanted to come and beg your forgiveness for not realising sooner. That bastard broke her Leo and you just finished her off well done, i hardly recognise my best friend any more, shes refusing to eat and is walking around like everythings fine now im left to pick up the pieces and hope to god i can help her in any way. i just came back to pack some clothes ill be stopping with Katie for a while until she remembers the bastard who is still hiding out and can keep herself safe...''

Leo watched his brother walk out before the icy facade slipped and he dropped into the now vacant seat at the table before placing his head in his hands, she remembered him and what they had and she had walked in on him and Bonnie, Jake was right he was a bastard of monster proportions and he had hurt the woman he loved and now it was ironic he realised she loved him too in the way her eyes glowed when he was near and the way she smiled as if the world started and ended on him and he had been too blind too insecure to notice. But now his life hung in the balance with the outcome of Bonnies pregnancy test, beause no child of a Travis has been born out of marriage and it wasnt going to change with him.