Chap. 8 Oh no

"Cameron Vey!!"

"Oh boy."

Percy glanced at me with a 'who in the world is that guy' look.
I just swallowed, knowing I was dead.
How did he find me so fast?
He probably put a tracker on me!

I looked down at my shuffling feet, avoiding my dad's glare of disappointment.
Yeah, it wasn't the first time I got that glare.

Michael walked over, making me cower slightly.
"H-hey dad, um... Nice weather huh?"

I could hear Leo 'Ooh-ing' from behind me, watching the show with a slight smirk.
"Guys, by chance, do one of you got some popcorn?"
They ignored him and watched me.
Percy and Annabeth just seemed curious to how I'd handle the problem.

"Don't you dare 'hey dad' me!"
"Do you have any idea how scared I was!? You ran off with three strangers!"

I mumbled something under my breath, making him growl.
"Speak up."
I looked up at him, trying to stand a bit taller. (Failing)
"I'm... I'm not weak, I've got powers, I can protect myself! I'm not stupid."

Caiden watched awkwardly as Leo gasped dramatically and went "Oooooo!"

Jack watched from the van, obviously wanting to avoid being in this argument.

"Cameron, your done."
"Get in the van, we're going home."

Maybe it was the fact that people were watching, or that I felt like I needed to protect Caiden and help him.
Caiden was my best friend whom I told everything to.
I couldn't just abandon him now.
So I said something I had never done before in my whole life to any adult.

"No."

Michael stared at me as I reached my hand towards the trees, their branches wrapping around us, seeming to weave themselves into baskets to fit our bodies perfectly.

"Sorry Dad... But this is my adventure." I hummed, making sure everyone was ready.

"You had yours, you know who you are in the world, you know your place... But now it's time I find mine" spoke softly as the branches lifted us up, giving me the chance to give a final wave to my dad before the branches sucked us in and sent us away.

Michael stood their for a moment, thinking about what I said before returning to the van.

Let's just say, I'm gonna be given a LONG talk when I get back... Well... If I get back that is...