as, with them, comes darkness.

"I knew I would find thou hither," Thor announced as he entered the room in which the Tesseract was locked.

I placed't down anew, allowing my skin to return to the normal color it possessed. "How is that?"

"Well, thou art truly obsessed with that thing," he pointed out.

"Dost thou not find't an oddity?" I came back at him.

"Truly, but I doth not remain compelled to spend every free moment hither with't."

"That is because thou, upon touching't, doth not possess newer and all the more strange abilities," I reminded him. "Now, then, wherefore art thou hither?"

"I came to ask thou a favor."

"Of what sort?"

"The somewhat illegal sort," he replied.

"No, Thor, I cannot risk't," I told him. "I hath already been arrested once. I cannot go back nor allow anyone to become suspicious of me."

"T'dost not require much, truly. I would not ask't if I thought thou would be jailed anew," he reminded me. "I doth care for thou, thou know full well. This is something small in return for bailing thou out."

"I suppose t'is fair, after all," I thought about't. "Fine, what dost't entail?"

"I require documents- files, if thou would," he relayed. "The problem is that they art locked away and mine father refuses to allow my entry.

"Perhaps t'is this way for a reason?" I proposed.

"Surely, yes, but, as king, I require these papers," he begged. "I truly cannot fathom doing't without thou."

"Where shall we go?" I asked. "Let us take our leave now."

He led me down a strange hallway in the castle about which even I hast not known... perhaps t'is due to the fact, though, that t'was found within a secret passageway hidden literatim within the wall tiles. Either way, we arrived swiftly and without the notice of any kings guard.

Before us stood a door with no handle, no key-hole, and no noticeable hand-marks.

"I see," I stated, observing the strangeness of't. "Odin requires magic to open this gateway - he requires the assistance of Frigga, just as thou require mine own assistance."

He nodded. "T'cannot be opened without such abilities... abilities that which I doth not posses in the slightest. And, since mother taught thou, I can only assume tha-"

"That, should anyone know how to open this door, t'would be I," I cut him off. "Understood. Now, please, allow me to... undertake."

He stepped aside and I stood alone before the door, placing a hand on't and feeling for a trace of something to work on, but felt my hand start to sink into the wood. I, immediately, pulled back. I positioned mine arms properly and started summoning magic in the surrounding aether, trying to push said magic'tself through the door as fluidly as my hand hast, but't would not budge.

I stopped and thought about't for a moment. Mayhap I need to try pushing through on mine own first with my flesh. I placed a hand upon the wood and phased through, finding myself on the other side, which was rather dark, in no time at all. I stepped back out and looked at him, wondering how I could get a rather magic-less being like him through.

"Thor, t'appears that only magic-imbued beings may pass through," I told him. "Though, instead of sending me on a witch hunt, I shall attempt to instill a bit of magic within you temporarily with the hopes that't shall trick the system."

"T'makes incontrovertible sense, in fact," he acknowledged.

I placed mine hands on his chest and forced some magic into him, though, I hath not realized that I needed to put it within his very corium, not his garments. He tried making his way through the door, yet with no avail.

"Methinks an elongated instillment of magic would suffice," he thought. "And, this go about, touch mine skin in the stead of mine finery and armor."

He grabbed me and I, in return grabbed him, fully feeling the magic pulsing into his dermis from mine palms. Without thinking, I reached up and kissed him, feeling the magic push even more forcefully through, though this time, betwixt our lips.

When we parted he simply looked at me shocked. "Go," I ordered. "The magic is leaving thou by the second. I doth not know how long't may last."

With ease, he walked straight through, planting a smile on mine devious face. I walked in after him, lighting the room up with a green flame.

T'was a massive storage cellar that neither of us imagined could ever exist without our knowing. Sure, the castle was huge, but this was unpredictably monstrous. "Thou might wish to begin looking now... t'appears we might be hither a while longer than anticipated."

Though, without even a second to look at anything else at all, he walked straight to the side and picked up a file.

"Is that't?" I asked, seriously wondering if that was all't took.

"Well, yes," he assured me. "We may take our leave."

"But, brother, what is't?"

"The file?" he asked stupidly.

"Yes, buffoon, the file," I grabbed at't.

"T'is not for thou, Loki," he pulled't away. "T'is only for the sovereign eyes of thine king."

"I remain thine brother, Thor, allow me-" I grabbed it and phased through the door so that I might open to the first page without his interference.

He phased through quickly after me; I suppose that kiss instilled enough magic within him to remain moments after. He pulled the file from mine grasp.

"Loki, t'is not that which though presume," he cautioned.

"Oh, truly?" I mocked him. "Wherefore art thou snooping about amongst the mortals of Midgard anyway? They art off world - Jane Foster is off world - she matters little to a king - a god - such as thou."

"Verity?" he came back. "And, how might thou be certain of this?"

"Thou care for her still?" I wondered, shocked. "Brother, that is abysmally foolish an-"

"Foolish? Loki, we art foolish for allowing whatever this is between us to thrive. This is what truly cannot be, brother- t'is seen as egregious by most of Asgard," he shouted. "She is a more reasonable future than thou and I, and thou know't, too."

"Perhaps, but I cannot accept't," I came back. "I am the king-brother, we can be whatever we want, dost thou not see that?"

"I doth, Loki, but this is not how one holds ascendancy and influence over a realm," he stated. "Those who art seen as weak minded and out of control in thine own lives art seen as weak by thine people. Being as we art... t'is seen as something feeble and easily dilapidated hither-"

"But on Midgard th-"

"We art not subjects of Midgard, brother. We reside hither, where I remain king," he reminded me. "Doth not forget't,"he snatched the papers from mine grasp. "I am sorry, candidly, but this cannot be."

I watched him walk away as I slid down against the wall and placed mine head within mine palms to sob quietly in mine own company.