Chapter 24- Mark

I woke up in Niall's arms. Not a bad place if you ask me. I moved around and he grumbled a bit.

"Are you alright, babe?" I remembered all he had to drink last night. He might have a hangover.

"Just a headache."

"I'll get you some Tylenol." I got out of bed and walked to the kitchen getting a glass of water. I grabbed a bottle of Tylenol out of a cabinet. I walked back into the room and placed the water and tylenol on the nightstand next to Niall.

"Thanks." Niall mumbled.

"No problem." I walked out of the room, quietly closing the door after me.

I went and peeked into Harry and Kara's room. They were both sleeping.

I went to the living room and looked at the couch. Looks like Noah left early. I heard Greg snoring in the guest room. I'm the only one up. With nothing else to do I plopped myself down on the couch and picked up my laptop. I clicked on the Internet button and went on Twitter. Everything is the same just like the other days. Bored, I put my laptop down and switched on the TV.

It was around 12 when Kara finally woke up. She joined me on the couch, surfing through different channels on the TV. After a few hours, Mark started texting me. I guess people in New York are starting to wake up.

Hey, I really want to talk to you. Just let me explain. -Mark

Might as well get this over with. He won't stop bothering me until I talk to him. Plus, now it's the perfect time. Niall is sleeping. I can just walk down the street to a little cafe.

Call you in a few  -Jordan

"Kara, I'm going for a walk." I got off the couch and put my hair in a bun.

"Where?"

"Down the block. Be back soon." I slipped my shoes on and walked out the door.

As I walked down the old streets of London I thought of what Mark could possibly want to tell me. That he's sorry he's a cheating jerk? Or he hates me? What could he possibly say? He's out of the blue, uninvited. Everything is perfect in my life right now, I won't let him ruin it. Without him I'm perfectly happy.

I went inside the cafe and got a coffee, then went and sat down at a table all the way in the back. I took my phone out of my pocket and sighed. Might as well get this over with now. I hit send and the phone started to ring. I admit, I'm hoping it goes to voice mail.

"Hello?" Mark's voice filled the speaker.

"Hey, you wanted to talk."

"Hey, Jordan. How's it going?"

"Great. You?"

"Not so much."

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

"Please don't say that." I felt my eyes start watering.

"But I do! You have to let me explain!"

"No I don't."

"Why!?"

"Because I don't want to get hurt! I'm finally happy again! Why must you ruin it!?"

"I want to make it better! Please listen!"

"Why should I?"

"I dated you for 2 years! Just listen!" Mark sounded like he was close to tears.

"Fine. You have 2 minutes and then I'm not going to talk to you again." I said sternly.

"I'm so sorry. What happened with Felecia was a fling. What happened at the laser tag place was such a mistake. I don't even remember what happened. I'm such an asshole for doing that. I regret everything I ever did that hurt you. I hate myself for hurting you. I mean we were together for 2 years! And I ruined everything! Did you know Felecia broke up with me for someone else? Ha! I sat around thinking about mine and Felecia's relationship, and I realized, it's nothing compared to what you and I had. I was so in love with you. And I still am. Did you know that before we started going out, I used to watch you? And every time you smiled I smiled? Every time you looked at me I got butterflies? Every time I looked at you, I fell deeper in love? And nothing has changed. I miss you. I want you back in my arms, where you belong. Please, please, please forgive me!"