Chapter 11- Date Night

"Hi!" I smiled.

"Hey, you look gorgeous!" Niall said looking at me.

"Thank you. And you look very handsome."

Niall took my hand and we walked down the hallway and into the elevator. We looked at each other in the mirrors in the elevator. We were both beaming. He was wearing a red polo and beige pants. The elevators door opened and I sighed in relief.

"Not a fan of elevators?" Niall asked noticing my sigh.

"Not my favorite." I stepped out of the elevator.

We walked out of the hotel and got in a cab. The cab driver started driving down the streets.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"We are going to a great Italian restaurant. Trust me, you'll love it."

"If you say so."

The cab stopped in front of a small place. It looked like a Mom&Pop's restaurant. My favorite kind. Niall got out and opened my door for me.

"Thank you." I couldn't stop smiling the whole night so far.

The restaurant was cozy and smelled like Italian food, which smelled amazing. The host took us to our table in the back corner. Niall pushed my chair in for me. I couldn't stop blushing.

I started looking through the menu. Everything sounded delicious.

"What do you recommend Mr.Horan?" I smiled.

"Everything is so good. I don't know what to choose. The sauce is good. The meat is tasty. Oh, and the pasta!" Niall was overwhelmed.

The waiter came and took our orders for a drink. I got a coke and Niall got a coke also. We said we needed a few more minutes to decide what food. I was stuck between chicken parm and penne ala vodka. Niall couldn't choose between anything. We finally decided. I got chicken parm and Niall chose chicken marsala.

We nibbled on some bread while waiting for our food. We talked about our favorite things. Niall was tellling me about his favorite store, Topman, while he looked at me and stopped talking.

"Are you OK?" I asked concerned.

"I'm just nervous actually." Niall sighed.

"Why?"

"I don't want to mess this up."

"You're doing great. And don't worry, I'm nervous too."

"Why?"

"It's been awhile since I went on a date. And some of my last few ended horribly."

"What happened?"

"Well, I dated Mark for 2 years. Everything was going great. I was in love. I thought nothing could get any better then that. It was always Mark and Jordan. My family loved him. He got along with everyone. Then one night we went on a double date to laser tag with my friend Felecia and her boyfriend Quill. We were having a blast. Then I couldn't find Mark. Quill couldn't find Felecia either. We went searching for them. Then I found them, I saw Mark and Felecia in the corner, full on, making-out."

I couldn't help but tear up. All the memories came back at me like a tsunami wave, crashing down breaking my heart. It was one of the worst pains I've ever felt.

Niall reached out and took my hands.

He looked into my eyes, "I will never do that to you. He doesn't deserve you. He's an idiot for ever treating you like that."

"They're going out now. Quill has moved on, but they were only going out for a few weeks. Not 2 years. And I've moved on. I'm here with you now." I smiled weakly.