Chapter 20-The Phone Call

"Dad, I'm sorry okay? I'm sorry for lying to you all these years. I'm not who you think I am alright. I'm far from human, and I mean it in a serious way. I'm not human, daddy. And I know it's going to sound outrageous to you but I'll tell you anyway. I'm even sorry for not telling you about my anxiety and depression and for cheating on that test in school. I'm sorry for hating mom. I shouldn't hate her dad I shouldn't, she's given me so much. Dad what's wrong with me?!" I said. Tears were streaming down my face and I was gasping for air. I wasn't surprised that I'd said that stuff to him because I was tired of holding it all in.

"Oh no... I knew this day would come. Sweetie, don't worry. I know everything, okay? I know you're not...you know...like alive, I found out when we got you," Daddy answered.

"What do you mean!? Dad stop, don't lie! I'm a monster! My people kill others for their blood and I can't even keep my emotions in control! I don't even know which guy I like anymore. I like everyone and it's disgusting! I haven't talked to mom about the cheating thing. I kissed Pierce and the guy that liked me saw. All of his friends hate me now and so does Jane. I haven't talked to Jane or his friends since the whole thing blew up! This new guy I thought liked me kissed the girl that seems to take EVERY guy away from me and I'm not emotionally stable. I'm staying at a camp with the other vamps and I haven't seen Jane in a couple of days. I wanna go home daddy I just wanna go home!" I cried.

"Ok, Mary calm down. I understand. When you and Jane arrived at our house, we found out about the whole vampire thing. It was surreal at the moment but now we understand. Everything's going to be alright sweetie. There's always gonna be that one girl honey it's alright. Do you want me to pick you up?" Dad said.

"Yes please," I told him. I gave him the directions to the place, took of Mike's jacket, put on my shoes, and headed to the chief's cabin. I left a sticky note on his door telling him I had gone with my dad back home and that I was alright and to say bye to the others and that I loved them all. I added a little p.s on the back and told him to say bye to 8 but not to tell them where I'd gone. I told chief not to tell anyone of the teens (like Mike, Jake, Pierce, Jane, or the others) that I'd left. The only ones to know I was gone were the adults and the 8, and those people were to refuse to give any information on where I was.

I was being strict over something stupid but I didn't want to deal with those people. They treated me like they liked me but truly didn't. Made me feel comfortable in the moment, but depressed and stressed in the long run. My dad's car pulled up in front of me, and he was wearing joggers. I got into the car and was immediately amboushed by my favorite snacks. Dad bought me pizza, Hot Cheetos, a Slurpee, some fries and a burger, macarons, and a donut and coffee. This was obviously way too much, but I quickly started eating my food.